I need quotes!

Taloras

First Post
This would be -perfect- for a school yearbook.

H. L. Mencken's Law:
Those who can -- do.
Those who can't -- teach.

Martin's Extension:
Those who cannot teach -- administrate.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I just thought of another one that you could put in there:

"I...am not left handed."

When people read the yearbook, anybody who knows where the quote comes from, you want to be friends for life with. And anybody who doesn't know where it comes from isn't worth knowing anyway.

Taren Nighteyes

First Post
"Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!" - Peter from Ghostbusters.

"Ray, if someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes!" - Winston from Ghostbusters.

Gotta love that movie.

Taren Nighteyes

Last edited:

Airwolf

First Post
I didn't take time to read all the posts so if someone said this already, sorry.

Try the book of Proverbs, its full of great sayings any number of which will probably work well as a quote.

Siridar

First Post
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

"I think my idea's better."
Lester asks, "What is your idea?"
"I don't know yet," the Doctor responds, "That's the trouble with ideas -- they only come a bit at a time."

-Both taken from Dr. Who

333 Dave

First Post
"The only thing necissary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"If a man is a pessimist before the age of 50, he knows too much. If he's an optimist after, he knows too little." -Mark Twain

Welverin re: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead. said:
Is this a book? I know there was a movie, but ... [/B]

It is a play by Tom Stoppard. Several of us quote it religiously in our roleplaying group.

"We're actors, we're the opposite of people."

"Dark, isn't it?"
"Not for night."
"No, not for night."
"Dark for day though."

"We're going to England."
"I don't believe it!
"What, just a conspiracy of cartographers, you think?"

"We're more the blood, love and rhetoric school. we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love; or blood and love without the rhetoric; or we can do you all three, consecutive or concurrent. What we can't do is love and rhetoric without the blood. The blood is compulsory. They're all blood you see."

That's all I remember off the top of my head. It's been too long since I had a refresher.

Remove ads