• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I, Robot Trailer

I haven't read I, Robot because it was pretty much unreadable to me. Not because I never picked it up. It simply bored me to tears and I quit. Rather than diluting my post, or causing my argument to fall apart, that's the main point of my argument.

It's a problem I have with other Asimov stuff as well; I put up with Foundation for quite a while before I convinced myself that I was wasting my time. As I said, I was much more tolerant of bad books; I read bad and mediocre books by the truckload in those days.

But I still couldn't get into anything by Asimov.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Krieg said:
Coming soon to a theater near you...

The Synoptic Gospels - Starring Jesus of Nazareth, a hard-bitten bounty hunter chasing the charismatic vampire Shaitan from one end of the galaxy to the other.

Hey, I'll watch it, as long as they get Jesus doing some of those Bullet-time dodges, and they make Shaitan a Toreador Vampire. :)

Can someone possibly point to a location that has the basic plot of the original summarized, for those of us who don't really get into Asimov?

EDIT - found it!

Also, I found an interesting factoid: the old series The Outer Limits has already done this very thing, with a cast for the episode that featured Leonard Nimoy, among others!

Last edited:

Krieg

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
I haven't read I, Robot because it was pretty much unreadable to me. Not because I never picked it up. It simply bored me to tears and I quit. Rather than diluting my post, or causing my argument to fall apart, that's the main point of my argument.

To be fair there is a signifigant difference between "I never read it" and "I tried to read it but couldn't bear to finish it", the second carries a bit more credibility when used as criticism. :)

Nasma

First Post
I'll have to agree with what people have said earlier, the annoyance is that they are pretending that the film has something to do with I, Robot (which I enjoyed reading). To my mind, it is irrelevant whether the book would make a good film or not, if someone made "Remembrance of things past" and included aliens I'd be annoyed, regardless of whether it was a good film if they claimed it was 'inspired' by the book.

And that jesus film, I don't know what to say...

Remove ads