I think I know how the morality clause acceptable(+)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I mean 90% of myposts aree responses to people quoiting or @ing me

Mod Note:
Then maybe you should consider being the one to not answer?

more personal attacks

No, that was not a personal attack. He didn't actually say anything about you. He spoke to what others thought.

"We don't agree with you" may contain the word "you" but does not comprise an attack on you.

Last edited:

In the theory the morality clauses sounds a good idea, but really there are serious risks of incoherences and potential abuses. We are talking about their own guidelines of right and wrong, not yours.

My opinion is a judge in a trial should be to says when somebody has broken that morality clause.

We can see the culture of cancelattion in the industry of the indie comics. Somebody may be marked because his ideology, even when his work is relatively ideologicaly neutral.

It is not enough clear about when morality clause could be broken. And the guidelines could change after some years. And WotC could get into very serious troubles if they cancell with wrong person with the right allies.

And I feel fear when the word inclusive is mentioned, because I see then the majority of people start to be excluded.

If really they want to stop the hate speech, then they should to promote ethical values as the good sense and the respect for the human dignity.

We know clear and coherent guidelines about when the morality clause could be broken.

Dreamscape

Crafter of fine role-playing games
I presume there are existing laws in the US against hate speech, harassment, discrimination, etc., right? Why should a corporation be in the business of enforcing the law? Should WotC also add "no driving under the influence" or "no murder" to the clause?

Not that I for one minute believe the clause is anything but a distraction from the core goal of preventing 3rd party 6E material on the proposed WotC VTT, with the added bonuses of imposing their views of morality (we know what those are) and guaranteed revocation if all else fails.

Ashtagon

Adventurer
I presume there are existing laws in the US against hate speech, harassment, discrimination, etc., right? Why should a corporation be in the business of enforcing the law? Should WotC also add "no driving under the influence" or "no murder" to the clause?
Those are literally already in this 1.1 draft as written. The licence can be yanked from you not only if your product fails the morality clause, but also if your personal behaviour (including committing 'petty crimes' such as jaywalking) breaks the law.

On a more interesting note, helping a pregnant woman get an abortion in an anti-abortion state, or helping your transgender child get trans-related medical care in an anti-trans state, is against the law, and so could get your content pulled if you do them. But NOT helping them in such a situation can be construed as anti-feminism or anti-trans behaviour, and also get your content pulled under this morality clause.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases