TSR I think we’ve finally made it!

It's not that anyone actually cares about NuTSR. It's more like morbid fascination, like watching a car wreck. Or a grits-wrestling match.
It does seem like that. Obsessing over the odd word on the module. No one can criticize the use of the word Abaddon. Lots of our DND ( and other game) lore is based on a fantastic version of ye olde stuff. Please don't make them bad words

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
These guys have never learned the lesson of stopping your digging when you find yourself in a hole. They’re just trying out different digging tools.

At the moment, they’ve gone from big standard shovels to diesel powered excavators to little hand gardening trowels.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
On the topic of anti-Semitic dog whistles, none of the hypothesized topics are particularly strong. Red Hand cult could just as easily be inspired by the Red Hand of Ulster as anything Jewish. Abaddon has been introduced into the FRPG lexicon by Paizo. And poisoning the well is widespread enough to make it into a Toy Story reference as well as a broadly-used metaphor.
I understand that dog whistles are not supposed to be obvious, but that can also serve to get the conspiracy theories spinning to the point you see them whether there or not. The Morrus reference is the least obscure so go ENWorld! ...I guess.
This. Especially since nothing I've seen from them so far leads me to believe that they could even be that subtle. These guys aren't the brightest bulbs and have been pretty heavy handed and direct in their posts, interviews, tweets, etc. I'd say that I'm reserving judgment until I see the product, but as I'm never going to purchase it, I doubt I'll ever see it.

Voadam

Legend
I keep seeing evidence that I have chosen a poor user name for this board.
At least you didn't go with Howard

1643056496117.png

This. Especially since nothing I've seen from them so far leads me to believe that they could even be that subtle. These guys aren't the brightest bulbs and have been pretty heavy handed and direct in their posts, interviews, tweets, etc. I'd say that I'm reserving judgment until I see the product, but as I'm never going to purchase it, I doubt I'll ever see it.

I'm at the same point. I was hoping Kim would expand a bit on why he was calling this out as antisemitic, but I haven't heard of anything serious so far. The complaints about incorrect usage of images and logos remain.

What's the over/under on NuTSR actually shipping product by the end of January as claimed? On the one hand, it would be big news for them to actually deliver on a product. OTOH, they could probably get this printed at OfficeMax.

teitan

Legend
They are kind of sad people, glad I'm not like them. The thread title makes me think of a Carpenter's son
On the topic of anti-Semitic dog whistles, none of the hypothesized topics are particularly strong. Red Hand cult could just as easily be inspired by the Red Hand of Ulster as anything Jewish. Abaddon has been introduced into the FRPG lexicon by Paizo. And poisoning the well is widespread enough to make it into a Toy Story reference as well as a broadly-used metaphor.
I understand that dog whistles are not supposed to be obvious, but that can also serve to get the conspiracy theories spinning to the point you see them whether there or not. The Morrus reference is the least obscure so go ENWorld! ...I guess.
Red Hand Cult could be just because it sounds cool and come on, when WOTC did Red Hand of Doom was it anti-Semitic dog whistling?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases