I voted!

Merkuri

Explorer
Did you? :)

Awayfarer and I usually vote after work/school but this year he was required to stay at school late for a class assignment so he wouldn't be getting back until the polls closed, so we got up early. I have to say, I was surprised at the number of voters who were there before 8AM.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I voted, too! But in my case, I mailed in my absentee ballot a month or 5 weeks ago... I'm not sure whether I prefer voting early or going to the polls on election day. Somehow it's less exciting, and it's definitely harder to get local ballot information. For example, California always manages to send the information on the propositions at least 2 weeks after sending me my ballot. And therefore after I've mailed back my vote. :confused:

It's a little surprising but nice to hear about the high turn out.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I voted!

I was 3rd in line at 6:15 a.m. Voting started at 7 a.m. Right off the bat, everyone was confused about what line to go in (one set of signs indicated parts of the alphabet, while the other signs indicated ward numbers - I went to my letter but that turned out to be the wrong ward). I got through quickly. My wife called later and said by the time she'd gotten there they had the whole sign thing straightened out.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I voted.

No wait at my polling place when I went, but then on my way to work, I passed by a bunch of poor fellow citizens who were lined up around the block. More power to them for waiting!

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I went right when the polls opened at 6 am. Huge turnout - didn't get out of there until almost 7 am!

ROCK THE VOTE!

paradox42

First Post
I knew there'd be a voting thread somewhere on here today! :D

I just got back from voting, and my polling place was more crowded than I've ever seen it. At least three times the number of people I've seen any other time. I actually had to wait for a booth, and that's never happened before- understand that I vote before lunchtime, during regular work hours, so very few people would be expected to show up anyway. I have to wonder what the lines will be like around 5 PM today!

I also called my sister after I got back, and she's currently in a three-hour line in the Washington D.C. area. Nuts!

But great to see the turnout. Most inspiring. That's why I waited despite having the opportunity to vote early- I wanted to see what it was like On The Day and to be able to say "I was there." :cool:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I haven't yet, but I will be- I haven't missed an opportunity to vote since I became eligible. VOTING: its not just a right, its a duty.

Dr. Harry

First Post
I voted!

I really wanted to make sure I voted, so my wife and voted before work. Our polling place doesn't serve a tremendous number of people, but it was quite busy. I'll pass by again on my way home from work.

Mallus

Legend
I arrived at my polling place at 7:30 this morning in always-sunny West Philadelphia... and proceeded to wait in line for an hour and a half before casting my vote.

It was a banner day for participation in our democracy in my neck of the woods!

Stormborn

Explorer
I will. My wife and I always go together. She is getting off work early today, sometime after a 2pm meeting, so we can go before the afterschool/afterwork traffic. From what I have heard most people are having trouble finding a place to park at the local polling places, but once in are in line no more than 5-15 mins.

Remove ads