D&D 5E I want to add a 5E rumor!!

Neverfate

First Post
Dungeons and Dragons: Standard Business Practices Edition.

Part of me wants to think, "An 3dition change now would almost certainly create a backlash and kill WotC/D&D". But I'm fully aware we got to 4th Edition somehow.

WotC just runs the risk of the relaunch not being popular (like DC comics just did). There will be less carry over in terms of customers, but businesses are always more concerned with new costumers, not repeat. And someone will bite the hook, if not 4th Ed players.

A group of people got angry because the sun rose today... still doesn't stop it from happening.

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
Well, it didn't take long for the thread on this over on the WotC forums to get shunted out of the way into the sub-forum with the least traffic as possible. Heh.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
WotC just runs the risk of the relaunch not being popular (like DC comics just did). There will be less carry over in terms of customers, but businesses are always more concerned with new costumers, not repeat. And someone will bite the hook, if not 4th Ed players.

Huh? DC comics sales are through the roof, relative to their sales prior to the relaunch. And it looks like most of those sales are to existing customers who are, at least temporarily, buying more DC comics than they used to. So I don't get your analogy.

Last edited:

CM

Adventurer
My friend who was at Gen Con this year attended the Cancelled Announcement Seminar Which Actually Was Just Moved To A Secret Location And Not Cancelled. He told me that 5th Edition will abandon dice entirely. Instead, you can purchase official D&D Luck (tm) cards which will replace them. The rarity goes something like:

The 1-10 cards are common.
11-16 cards are uncommon.
16-19 cards are rare.
The 20 is very rare.

The benefit of this is new system is that you will be able to construct a deck to fit your exact playstyle, allowing more flexibility than ever before.

I, for one, am very excited about this new direction and can't wait to see what kind of expansion set ideas might come from this.

_

Attachments

• trollfacesm.jpg
    trollfacesm.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 299

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
16-19 cards are rare.
The 20 is very rare.

Of course what will then happen is that Wizards will discover that people with lots of cash will start playing with decks comprised entirely with 20s... and they'll be forced to put in rules limiting the numbers of certain cards so as to keep the game balanced. So we'll soon get tournament regulations that state you can only have 1 out of every 20 cards be a 20, while you can have 10 commons, 6 uncommons, 3 rares, and one Mox Sapphire per deck.

R

RHGreen

I'm really looking forward to 5E.

I'm really dreading 5E fanboys and 5E Autohaters.

Stormonu

Legend
My friend who was at Gen Con this year attended the Cancelled Announcement Seminar Which Actually Was Just Moved To A Secret Location And Not Cancelled. He told me that 5th Edition will abandon dice entirely. Instead, you can purchase official D&D Luck (tm) cards which will replace them. The rarity goes something like:

16-19 cards are rare.
The 20 is very rare.

_

No, no, no - that's all wrong.

2,4,6,8,10,12 & 14 will be common.
3,5,7,9,11 & 15 will be uncommon.
17, 18, 19 will be Rare.
20 will be Very Rare.
1 will be an Ultrarare chase (as in one per case).

You won't be able to use your deck unless you include at least one of every number.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
I welcome any new edition because it's fun to see Dragonworld insist that they are NOT talking about it, while trying to invent their new hatename at the same time. They are extremely creative in this regard. :)

And i've known about 5th edition for a long time. I use "retro-denial" for detecting new editions. I regularly ask 10 strangers if they think 5e is coming. If
a) more than 75% think that 5e is coming and
b) more than 75% curse Wotc for being money-grabbing pantaloons
then everything is normal. No new edition coming up.
When they get all confused, though, staring into blank space while shivering in fear, that's the sign of a new edition coming up.

Remove ads