D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil II

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Happy holidays, sorry I missed the bump. I tuned in, but I didn't realize it was my turn again so soon after my last one. :) Soon meaning number of actions, not number of days, of course. I think Maighan's moved a bit during her past couple of rounds...no need to worry about that now though, I guess.)

(Two baddies still up in this room?)

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Moving up the actions of the enemies, though Shayuri still has an action on the previous round and an action this round.

One guard quaffs a potion. The other in melee with Kubeba swings twice and misses. Two more guards show up at the door and stop before the fire.

The bulette and hobgoblin company start moving down the hallway.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    538.6 KB · Views: 176

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Through his arcane eye, Carradoc follows the Bullette, and describes what he sees to his companions. The appearance of the guards is more pressing though, and he fires a spell at the potion drinking guard. He doesn't want an enemy at his back.

OOC: Chill touch vs. AR22. [roll0]. If a hit, damage = [roll1] necrotic, no healing. If he falls, then move to AR 22. If he doesn't, move to AN 22.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thaliss maintains his protective flames in front of the door, and blasts the closest warrior.

[sblock=ooc]
Bonus action: none

move to a022, cast spell, move back to ao 19
Action: Cast eldrich blast on warrior at ar22

Blast 1: attack [roll0]
Force damage [roll1]

Blast 2: attack [roll2]
Force damage [roll3]

Concentrating on create bondfire

Note : Thaliss will cast shield as a reaction if the damage is high (+5 to AC).
AC: 17
HP: 38/58 (+10 from carradoc, -5 from guard, -25 from erupting earth)

Mirror image currently active (round3)

Resistance to fire (cloak)

Spells:
Sorceror: 4/4 1st level slots
3/3 2nd level slots (-1 mirror image)
3/3 3rd level slots
warlock: 1/2 1st level slots (-1 hellish rebuke)
Sorcery points remaining: 4/5 (-1 quickened create bondfire)

[/sblock]

River Song

Explorer
Now that the sneaking was done with and glorious combat had ensued, Kubeba roared with laughter as he savagely attacked the guard.

[sblock=rolls]

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Maighan takes a shot from her longbow at the lone guard... ([roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage), then another at the man attacking Kubeba ([roll2] to hit for [roll3] damage). The two behind the fire would be an issue, but there'd be time to deal with them momentarily.

(Catching up with prior action, and then present turn. If both are dead before Maighan's up, she'll move and fire through the doorway there; same rolls. I'll edit my narrative to fit this if needed. :))

Creamsteak

Explorer
The party is able to drop both targets in the room in time. The guards behind the flame come rushing in after, confronting Kubeba. They each attack twice, and one lands a hit for 2 and the other for 4 after damage reduction. They both take damage from the flames on the way over.

The "Burrowshark" does exactly that and comes through the earth wall. The rider attacks three times against Kubeba landing two blows for 3 and 6 damage after reduction.

The bulette also attacks, but Kubeba avoids the creature. It could potentially deal a lot more damage than the rider.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    524.2 KB · Views: 178

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Seeing the threat from the burrowing creature, Thaliss moves forward and tries to convince the rider to change his course of actions.

The following words resonate in the rider's mind (all of Thaliss' allies also hear them): "Friend, we are not your ennemies. Direct your animal to stop attacking and defend us, or innocent blood will be shed."

[sblock=ooc]
Thaliss moves to AN 22, casts, and moves back to AO19
Action: cast suggestion. Save vs wis DC16

Note : Thaliss will cast shield as a reaction if the damage is high (+5 to AC).
AC: 17
HP: 38/58 (+10 from carradoc, -5 from guard, -25 from erupting earth)

Mirror image currently active (round3)

Resistance to fire (cloak)

Spells:
Sorceror: 4/4 1st level slots
1/3 2nd level slots (-1 mirror image, -1 suggestion)
3/3 3rd level slots
warlock: 1/2 1st level slots (-1 hellish rebuke)
Sorcery points remaining: 4/5 (-1 quickened create bondfire)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As the massive creature rises up out of the floor and into the room, Carradoc prepares to blast it with a spell, but Thaliss's words make him stop short. Instead, he changes his mind, but maintains his distance firing a beam at one of the guards by the fire.

OOC: I don't think attacking an ally interferes with the Suggestion. If it does, sorry, Steve Gorak.

Attack AL25: [roll0] to hit. If successful, damage = [roll1] necrotic.
Move to AR 22.

Apologies also for the delay.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases