D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil II

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Maighan is updated, though I'd like to get an inventory check...I think my sheet is way behind on money and items right now, lol)

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: So changed my mind on some things. We'll continue just after we left off, just skipping wrapping up that fight with the bulette and friends. You're still in the middle of the earth temple. You still advance in level and benefit from a long rest. We'll just pick up here. Roll20 just released their Princes of the Apocalypse module, so I'm going to attempt to use that for mapping and lighting and managing some aspects of combat on my side of the table.

To recap, you're now in the middle of the Temple of Black Earth. You got here by traveling from an entrance to the north, and have at this point defeated most of the entrance guards to the temple. Also, the lighting you see right now is that of the light sources in the temple, but if you have your own light sources that could provide additional benefits (and I have not taken darkvision into account yet).

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    311.6 KB · Views: 173

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: great lighting effects.

They have rested, and the Arcane Eye they had been using to navigate the temple has faded. Carradoc offers to cast it again, but does not do so unbidden. Instead, he performs his usual routine when completing his studies, his mind again fresh for casting, which is to pull onto himself some ethereal bands that serve as his Mage Armor. He is set.

He heads to the room on the east wall, its door ajar and apparently revealing a chamber inside. He presumes it is empty (he has heard nothing), but he is ready to proceed. He has his father's elven vision, and sees well in this dim light.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The crumbling masonry in this old guardroom illustrates the great age of this dungeon. To the north, a long gallery leads to an arrow slit in the western wall. To the south, piles of rubble choke a small inner chamber. Half a dozen plain bedrolls and an iron stove furnish the room. A pile of firewood nearby keeps the stove well stoked.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    599.5 KB · Views: 163

Shayuri

First Post
With Carradoc checking out the eastern chamber, Maighan heads to the south. There were a couple of ways in and out of this room down there by the looks of it...one on the south wall and one over in the southwest corner. She took a look out through each, but didn't venture away from the group.

"Damn this place," she murmured. "Still so many questions unanswered. Maybe the other cults know more...or are less careful concealing what they know."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: FYI, I forgot to add Thaliss's bonus xmas feat when I last udated him. He took warcaster.

Also, We all have darkvision, except for Kubeba. I am assuming he is on autpilot (easy enough, actions are rage and fight!).

Thaliss inspects the surroundings, and whenever the light is an issue, he will make a bondfire appear somewhere it doesn't risk setting debri on fire. He shares his concern to his companions that the stove seems well tended, and tries to determine whether the foes they just fought bunked in this area.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: One effect of the cool lighting in the map is that is makes it seem (to me at least) much less reasonable to search everything. I find that interesting.

In the dim light, Carradoc kicks through some of the bed linens, but in the aftermath of combat, he just wants out. He returns to the main room. "This way?" he asks, pointing West. He starts heading down the corridor.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Three hallways meet at this room. An alcove in the middle of the west wall holds a ten-foot-tall statue depicting a crude humanoid form composed of earth, boulders, and sharp crystals. One massive, rocky fist is raised above its blunt head. Shattered rubble from an older statue lies heaped around the pedestal on which this figure stands.

The statue depicts a Prince of Elemental Earth, Ogremach.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    791.1 KB · Views: 175

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases