D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Goldenfields

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros nods solemnly, as the reason invoked by the treant not to join the party was selfless. "May the gods watch over you Father Lifferlas, and may you have many more years ahead of you tending the forests." With that, Davaros circles back to his companions to check on their health, and satisfied he says: "To the abbey then, and we must ring the bell before we can rest!".

Creamsteak

Explorer
The travel to the abbey is uncontested. Upon arrival you find two sleeping black bears within, and only two dim candles at the entrance. A single acolyte seems to be sleeping on the pews within.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
With authority, and without hesitation, Davaros adresses the acolyte while keeping an eye on the bears: "Wake, and sound the alarm bell! Goldenfields is under attack!"

Creamsteak

Explorer
The acolyte is dumbstruck, falling from the pew in a panic at the sound of your voice. The bears slowly awaken and then shuffle towards your group. They start smelling around you inquisitively with their big wet noses.

"Gah! What? The stairs! Over there!" The acolyte seems clumsy and points towards a set of stairs leading towards the belltower of the abbey.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
From his horse, Davaros orders the acolyte and the others "Shut the doors, and lock them securely. Once done, go to the walls and see if there are villagers coming and open the doors for them only".

If he can ride his horse upstairs, he will do so to expedite the process. If not, he will run up, and ring the bell.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Davaros climbs the tower and rings the bell. The townsfolk awaken, torches are quickly lit, the guards on the walls start paying attention, and soon the entire area is seized by action.

From this vantage, you make out two huge lumbering figures that climb the southern wall... hill giants. You also can see one more band of goblins, bugbears, and ogres... but they have started to flee towards that same southern wall... scattering and panicked.

The giants seem to be heading in the direction of the abbey and will be here in a bit over a minute.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: Has 1 hour passed since the group left the inn? I need to know if Davaros' potion of heroism still has some steam.

From atop the bell tower, Davaros yells: "Two giants coming from the south." Looking at the guards he can see and at this companions "Prepare yourselves for battle!" He then comes down from the tower, looks around if he can see ranged weapons, grabs a few if he sees any, and scales up the wall on the south side to stand by the guards.

OOC: I forgot to mention it, but Davaros would have recovered the two javelins he threw at the ogre.

Also, can you give us a rundown of the number of guards in the abbey? Does there seem to be a leader? Thanks

Creamsteak

Explorer
The abbey has no guards, only a handful of acolytes. The leader is Ellardin Davorik who is probably being woken up by the bells at the moment.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: OK, thanks. Davaros would then have spent a solid 20 seconds to ring the bell to make sure it was heard by all.

Tell me, is the abbey fortified? I assumed it would be, this is why I initially had Davaros push to get there. Fortunately, it's also where the bell is ;-)

Remove ads