D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Goldenfields

Creamsteak

Explorer
In the area behind the abbey the giants lumber forward, seemingly arguing with each other loudly in giant. They seem to be talking about how great different foods were. Pork. Bear. Bread. Cheese. Fish. "Ooh I remember fish!"

The party has the surprise, and these lumbering oafs don't seem to even be paying attention.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 268

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"When the giant furthest from us comes within reach, I will shout a war cry and I will try to incapacitate it. If I am successful, do not harm it until I give you a sign" Davaros says with authority, just before he guides his horse to move towards the closest giant.

[sblock=ooc]
Horse
I am using the stats of the base warhorse

Move: Horse dashes to AC12

Davaros Silverfist

Action: Davaros casts Wrathful Smite

Concentrating on Wrathful Smite

Move: None

HP: 42/44

Note: under the effect of Bless for 1h, from ingesting potion of heroism

AC:16

Spells:
level 1: 0/4 (-1 wrathful smite cast on ogre, -1 divine smite on bugbear, -1 divine smite on bugbear, -1 wrathful smite)
level 2: 0/2 (-1 divine smite, -1 divine smite)

Lay on hands: 0/20 remaining
[/sblock]

OOC: Need more info about where we can move on the map, [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION]. Could we move beneath the canopy of trees covering Z18, for example? How about AA9? How much movement can we get in now? Just one round's worth? I'm thinking I'd like to have Euon cast blindness/deafness on the giant on the other side of the creek...this "round," could Euon get to the back side of the boulder in AL18 and hide?

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Need more info about where we can move on the map, [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION]. Could we move beneath the canopy of trees covering Z18, for example? How about AA9? How much movement can we get in now? Just one round's worth? I'm thinking I'd like to have Euon cast blindness/deafness on the giant on the other side of the creek...this "round," could Euon get to the back side of the boulder in AL18 and hide?

OOC: We're talking like well trimmed fruit trees in a grove so they likely provide some cover/concealment from the giants towards the ground but not from you towards the giants lower bodies. You have one normal round right now where they are surprised. Then one round where they will not be surprised, but the party goes first. So yeah it would be easy to pop out, cast this round. Run back, hide next round.

Euon paced forward and quickly hid beneath the eaves of a tree. His hand trembled with fear, but he'd do what he'd been called upon to do; aid the abbey. He readied a spell intended to incapacitate but not kill a foe, worried all the while that even the mere casting of it would make him complicit in murder. He tried to stay his hand, but it would not stop shaking.

OOC: Move: AB18
Action: Dash
Bonus Action: None

Euon will dart to AB18, hide under the tree canopy, and ready an action to cast blindness on the giant in AV18 as soon as it is within 60' of his hiding spot. Blindness has a range of 30', but Euon will spent 1 sorcery point to make it a distant spell (will have range of 60'. See pp 102).

Creamsteak

Explorer
Euon moves up.

The gnome stands atop the boulder and starts firing at the nearer of the two giants after marking it.

Lob takes 12 damage.

Monkey throws a rock at Lob for 6 more points of damage.

The giants are surprised, they take no action.

"Lob got poked!" Grob laughs. "Lob got rocked!" Grob laughs.

Parties turn.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    646.6 KB · Views: 252

Euon quickly cast blindness on the giant in AM10, fretting nervously the whole time that his magic would be the indirect cause of the giant's untimely death. At the same time, Euon fervently prayed the magic would take; otherwise, the giant would know his hiding spot. Euon didn't much care for the prospect of being discovered and squished under a giant foot. He hastily cast his spell, then retreated 30 feet backward more deeply beneath the tree, to V21.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros directs his horse towards the second giant, and brandishes his holy symbol and shouts an ancient prayer of denunciation. He then braces for the fight.

OOC: Horse moves to AL 16, and channel divinity to [sblock=Abjure Enemy] As an action, you present your holy symbol and sp eak a prayer of denunciation,
using your Channel Divinity. Choose one creature within 60 feet of you that you can see.
That creature must make a Wisdom saving throw, unless it is immune to being frightened.
Fiends and undead have disadvantage on this saving throw.
On a failed save, the creature is frightened for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.
While frightened, the creature’s speed is 0, and it can’t benefit from any
bonus to its speed.
On a su cce ssfu l save, the creature’s sp e e d is halved
for 1 minute or until the creature takes any damage.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases