D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: If the spell is on your class’s spell list, you can read the scroll and cast its spell without providing any material components.

Euon watched as one or two of the others filtered out of the pizza joint's back room. When he deemed it safe, he snatched a lone remaining slice of pie and wolfed it down. Delicious. He accompanied Ilshana to the bardic college, then back again to meet back up with the others. He said little and seemed worried, but hoisted his pack the same as the others and made ready to accompany them.

Jago

Explorer
~ For Koldan's part, Libraries and the sort were not his natural hunting grounds. Sure, much knowledge could be gained from tomes and that Volo chap's autobiographies (though the Ranger much doubted the truth behind his expose on nymphs), but there was more to be learned from talking to people. While he had never been to Waterdeep, he still knew of those who lived here. They might have had something for him, especially about this 'Force Grey': the fall of previous hunters would give much insight into their quarry.

" I'm going to go check with a few contacts I have in the city," Koldan informed his fellow, new and old, " See who this 'Harshnag' is before we meet him, and what happened. Anyone is more than welcome to accompany me: I wouldn't mind the conversation."

Though his words were conveyed in friendship, the Ranger was not one for bandying around; already he was up from the table, collecting the crossbow he had set down that he might eat without it stabbing into his back, and set out for the streets of Waterdeep's docks. Koldan paused only to leave a gold dragon on Dorkath's countertop.

" For your help," he explained to the Orc, leaving him with the tip and heading out.

OOC: I'd like to use my Ear To The Ground Feature from my background to link up with a Waterdhavian contact, specifically the "a person who provides information about the people and places of the local area" bit. I'm searching for information on Harshnag and what happened to Force Grey, as well as if anyone else in Waterdeep has heard any rumblings about Giants doing abnormal things.

[sblock=Koldan's Stats]Character Sheet
Revised Ranger Deep Stalker 6

HP: 52/52
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +4 (Advantage)
Perception: +6 (Passive: 16)
Darkvision: 90 feet
In Hand: Nothing

[sblock=Defenses]AC: 16
Str:+2
Dex:+6
Con:+2
Int:+0
Wis:+3
Cha:-1[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Heavy Crossbow: +8, 1d10+3P (Sharpshooter: +3, 1d10+13 P)
Scimitar: +6, 1d6+3 S (Offhand: +6, 1d6 S)
+4 Damage to All Humanoids & Giants[/sblock]
[sblock=Proficient Skills]Acrobatics: +6
Insight: +6
Investigation: +3
Perception: +6
Stealth: +6
Survival: +6[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]Spell Save DC: 14 Spell Attack: +6
Level 1: 4/Long Rest
Disguise Self
Ensnaring Strike
Hail of Thorns
Hunter's Mark

Level 2: 2/Long Rest
Rope Trick
Silence
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
[sblock=Transactions]Total Coin: 49 GP
Starting Coin: 40 GP
+10 GP - Sold Giant's Tooth to Dorkath The Orkath
-1 GP - Tipped Dorkath[/sblock]
Game Info:
Fire Giants attacked Triboar looking for a "Vonindod", which they called a weapon that was in many parts. Fire Giant Duke Zalto of Ironslag wants this to "win".

Darathra was a Harper: she gave me a Platinum Badge of Triboar to present to Dorkath The Orkath to let him know of the attack.

There is a Kobold in the area of Yartar named "Lightwalker", a craftsman with 'some incredible weapons'.

There is a 5,000 GP Bounty on "The Weevil", a Dwarven Brigand last seen at Xantharl's Keep as a stable cleaner. The reward is for delivering him alive to authorities in Mirabar.

Ghelryn Foehammer has given us a letter of recommendation to King Morinn and Queen Tithmel of Citadel Fellbar. Ghelryn will also give us a 10% discount on customized weapons and armor in Triboar.

Harshnag of FORCE GREY should be told about the Giants. Apparently his company was 'mostly murdered'.[/sblock][/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
The Bardic College of New Olamn is very well known and highly regarded. It can be reached either by going up a rocky slope on a wide path (the only path available to carts and mounts) or by going around and through a tunnel path that is well lit and well traveled that leads directly from the villa upon the cliffs into the city proper.

"All right, I'll head over to New Olamn then," Ilshana volunteers. She heads for the door, but looks back just before leaving to see if anyone's with her. "It's a bard school," she calls. "It should be fun! Anyone else coming?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
Those of you that choose to travel with Ilshana make your way to the Castle District. Here you can see that there are more guards posted, both private sentries and the city watch. Mount Melody Walk is the name of the tunnel most foot traffic takes to get to the college. The path is lit by various gemstones that change their color and brightness along with any music being played or songs being sung. Soft music fills the tunnel at all times.

As you get closer to the college you can see what looks like a nice, if small, campus. It appears that there is a "Singer's Circle" of sorts, a stone amphitheater set in the middle of the school that seems to be a public gathering ground. Multiple performers, faculty, students, and others seem to be gathered there at this time.

A "stunningly attractive" orc male, a dark skinned dangerous looking gnome female, a young Tethyrian lord with blond hair and a winter coat, and a red haired Illuskan nobleman with a white tattoo on his forehead all seem to be discussing things intermixed with bits of song or performance. It looks like some kind of improvisational jam session. Some students and visitors seem to be watching and enjoying it.

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: I'd like to use my Ear To The Ground Feature from my background to link up with a Waterdhavian contact, specifically the "a person who provides information about the people and places of the local area" bit. I'm searching for information on Harshnag and what happened to Force Grey, as well as if anyone else in Waterdeep has heard any rumblings about Giants doing abnormal things.

[sblock=Koldan]You meet up with one of the "Plague Rats" by the name of Splinter. He's an older man and walks with a cane, but he knows quite a bit about the city. He is unkempt, dirty, scratches at things, and smells of the sewer. As for your questions, he laughs a bit.

"Harshnag would be known even to the common people. He is a frost giant, one you don't want to mess with. He wields an ancestral greataxe belonging to a Jarl he has slain. Force Grey comprised a number of individuals and seems to have ebbed and flowed, but a recent battle with a dragon and a traitor killed many of them and the survivors have scattered."

"The only news I've heard about giants is that the Kraken Society, a criminal organization that worships some tentacled horror of the deeps, has been gathering artifacts related to the ancient giant civilization that was destroyed in their war with the dragons..."
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
Gul nods at Shayuri and accompanied her to New Olamn. He'd heard of it but never visited it before, his tastes tending to more serious studies than music and performances.
Keeping his opinions to himself, he kept his eyes and ears open on the off chance someone might actually say something of interest.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bellalalinda catches up to the others as they approach the bard school, her mouth still full of warm cheese she has removed from one of the pizzas.

"Hwy!" she calls out, before her eyes alight on the gnome woman -- not someone she knows, but no matter -- and the half-orc beside her, to whom she goes up and introduces herself, mumbling her name as she reaches up to shake his hand.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Hee hee! Name's Ilshana :) And...sorry Kobold Stew, I'm an idiot! (^_^) )

Ilshana pauses and quickly queues up to shake hands, beaming brightly.

"It's good isn't it?" she asks, nodding at the pizza slice. "Come on, I can already hear the music!"

Sure enough, notes floated through the tunnel, echoing ethereally. Ilshana twirled as she hurried down that path, making a kind of impromptu dance out of it.

When she arrived at the 'jam session' she did what any self-respecting bard would do...she took out her pipes and joined in!

Perform for the bards: 1d20+7 20

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Bellalalinda catches up to the others as they approach the bard school, her mouth still full of warm cheese she has removed from one of the pizzas.

"Hwy!" she calls out, before her eyes alight on the gnome woman -- not someone she knows, but no matter -- and the half-orc beside her, to whom she goes up and introduces herself, mumbling her name as she reaches up to shake his hand.

OOC: Presuming we're talking about the bards...

The charming-ish half-orc gently takes Bell's hand and introduces himself as well in a fine baritone voice, "Xingrum Swampwallow." He smiles with just a hint of tusk. "Welcome to New Olamn. Were you here to sign up for classes?"

The gnome seems more arrogant in a way. "She's not a performer Xin. Not in the sense of one of us at least. And look at the cargo bringing up the rear. Someone's come asking questions." She's so small and slender she might be mistaken for a halfling, a fresh-faced beauty, apple cheeks, and glossy, nut-brown hair. She looks almost like a miniature milkmaid. "Nice to meet you Bell, what can we do for you?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases