• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part V(b)

Dichotomy

Explorer
Kushnak lays into the doppelganger. With two powerful strokes, Kushnak tears his chest open. It collapses to the ground.

Despite it clearly being dead, however, unlike the doppelganger's you've fought in the past, this one makes no shapechange to return to its natural form.
[sblock=OOC]Since things might change as a result of K's action, I'm going ahead.

Kushnak: step; full attack 2, 6+ hit, 15+ hit, 27 damage... dies

For the moment, we will stay in rounds. Erd is next.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ti]The suggestion is obviously over.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel frowns at the corpse. "Well that's not how it's supposed to work. At least we removed him before he could strike against us."[sblock=oc]delay until Kushnaks turn? since talking is a free action can we have a short conversation without waiting for our specific turns?[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'm okay with you guys just talking, if you are okay with me voted-best-housing the passage of time. You know, for when the laughing guy stops... or if anything else happens...[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak glares at Erdolliel and says "Unless you can dispel a ruse, this is an innocent man we've killed on your hunch and we'll be hung for this once more guard arrives. If you can't prove our innocence here, and perhaps even if you can, we should flee imediately."

He steps away slightly to the southwest and glances between the two expectently.

[sblock=oc]I'm fine with the voted best house. I assumed based on a fuzzy memory that SW-ish is the closest WALL, not gate.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel bristles at Kushnak's words, I know that I saw his face shift! And then that voice... her voice trails off uncertainly. "Maybe if he has a crystal!" Erdolliel says as she searches the corpse beneath her.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Nethezar says nothing, though he appears to be trying to burn a hole in Erdolliel with his eyes.

Erdolliel quickly frisks the body. She finds no crystal, but she does find, underneath his chainmail helmet, a curious-looking hairclip, barely attached to his short hair.

Dichotomy

Explorer
When Erdolliel removes the hairclip, she suddenly sees the man's hair slightly change color, his nose widen, his cheeks become slightly less gaunt. In short, his appearance visibly, though not drastically, changes.

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak's jaw drops slightly. "That's it is it? We've made a grievous error. I've murdered this man with no just cause."

He hangs his head, chin to his chest, looking incredibly forlorn and defeated before continuing.

"We must press on. There will be justice wrought against us for this, but not here, and not now. We have faltered here, but we must not fail. Follow me. Now we flee as true criminals."

Kushnak lifts his head and scans the streets before sprinting toward the nearest city wall.

[sblock=oc] The intention being to dimension door us outside the city walls. Find a place relatively free of people and go the maximum distance 'out'. 1000' is the full range. DD I can carry the 3 of us it looks like. [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads