• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part V(b)

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Cool.

So, now you guys are at this door... Do you need me to more specifically point it out on the map? It is the door at the south end of the room that is basically in the middle of the map.[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak inspects the corpses from a distance before shrugging his shoulders and attempting to divinely influence them.

[sblock=oc]

kushnak might be trying to turn undead for the first time...ever?

turn check: d20-2(ha ha ha) turn check table
turn damage: 2d6+6

[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Kushnak's "shrug" sends out a, somewhat weak, surge of divine power. Apparently, however, even that was enough to completely unravel the negative energy animating the zombies. Their bodies burst as positive energy consumes them.
[sblock=OOC]Turn check 5-; turn damage 12... They are all destroyed.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel hides and searches the new room.[sblock=oc]She'll carry her bow in there. Search +17 check the bodies and search the area. Then she'l continue out while hiding (+15) and moving through the small passageway West of the water looking for the snake thing (+14 to Spot and Listen).[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
As Erdolliel unlocks the door and moves into the room, through the passages to the east, she sees five figures huddled on the floor. They clearly don't see the elf, but Erdolliel can see their eyes peering in her direction, as they probably heard her and Kushnak speaking. With a closer look, it looks like there are two middle-aged men, two young adult women, and a male elf. It is hard for Erdolliel to guess much about them based upon their appearance, since all of their clothing is quite dirty and becoming tattered.

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel stays completely still, listening for any indication of who these new people are.[sblock=oc]Ready to attack (+11 1d8+2) if they make any hostile motion. Listen & Spot (+14) for any information about whether they seem hostile or not.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I've already posted once in this sequence without waiting to see if o3 has a response. So, I'm going to wait.

But in the meantime, do I need to explain (or re-explain) how the "ready" action does not in any way exist outside of combat? Or do you guys want me to simply assume that when you misuse the term "ready", you want me to interpret that as "if combat happens, and please allow me to post an action when it is my turn, rather than deciding my action for me?" (which, I think, I've always done as a matter of course).[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]Well it's more of a "IF combat happens, this is just about certainly what I'm going to do so you don't have to wait for me to say I'm going to do it twice." Of course if something crazy happens to start combat waiting is always prudent, but if they suddenly get hostile and Erdolliel wins initiative, I'm just going to say the same thing.[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]
Crabby crabby. I don't think i have recently attempted to 'ready' an action outside of combat.

Right so when Ti says 'ready' what he means is 'prepares' unless we're in combat.

The point is though, Ti(and myself if i've been doing it) should stop predicating action on events that might happen outside of combat(especially when they result IN combat).

It's unfair to expect Di to adequately and appropriately determine what Erdolliel thinks is an 'hostile action', and i would guess that as many times as not we'd end up reversing or amending any decisions that were made based on those kinds of projected actions. The desire to move forward shouldn't overly tax Di's decision making.

That said, lets do it.
[/sblock]

Kushnak prepares to follow Erdolliel into the room.

[sblock=oc]
Kushnak will stay out of line of sight of the door as Erd opens and enters. He'll follow her, back say 40' once she's far enough in.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads