IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part VI

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]Erdolliel will just have to get her sword sharp and her arrows nocked to protect Neth I guess... Tactics sound pretty good to me, Erdolliel will probably only keep 1 fireball on hand for the opening salvo or if she gets lucky at some point. We could probably show up with some of the long lasting spells already cast (like mage armor) and save us the time/trouble of casting them in the arena. Maybe Erdolliel asked Ekyam about if that was legal before he left?[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Ekaym would have told you that, in general, ALL the groups will have long-lasting buffs in use before the battle starts. And some shorter buffs (e.g. minute per level range) are used during the battle announcements (i.e. right after entering the arena, when the announcer introduces the fighting teams, the teams will be casting spells).[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=TOSTHTSHOESHOI]Excellent start eh. BLEHOHHHHAHTSOEITNSHOETN_TDON_OD[/sblock]

[sblock=oc]
Here's my recommendation for things we do:

Given Neth the Extend rod.

create rage scolls using the extend rod. create rage scrolls and use the extend rod to cast them on kushnak immediately before the battle

buy a scroll of stoneskin for kushnak, plan on winning and buying more. (i have a bag of holding we don't need currently, that we could sell to finance it if necessary)

make sure we have enough wands to limp through. (i have none)

high level strat:

Erd should focus on control and disrupting any casters. (additionally blowing anything up that seems appropriate.)

Nethezar should probably use sanctuary and dedicate himself to support and control as appropriate.

kush will fly be flying, aided, divine favored, raged, bears endurenced, righteous mighted, stoneskinned bringer of pain. flamestrike and blindness available as appropriate. (3d6+17 dmg on +25/+20 attacks)... So MUCH PAIN.

I'm not sure we need to craft anything other than maybe wants, so... what should we do for the next few days. :s

[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
kush will fly be flying, aided, divine favored, raged, bears endurenced, righteous mighted, stoneskinned bringer of pain. flamestrike and blindness available as appropriate. (3d6+17 dmg on +25/+20 attacks)... So MUCH PAIN.
Reminds me of when Eskard pretty much single-handedly cleared out the lizardfolk lair... except WORSE!

Neth still has 3 CLW wands with 50, 46, and 37 charges.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]like the plan, Erd can do crowd control and caster disruption while flying and invisible. crowd control will look like cloudkilling tentacles of icestorm and fireballs mainly, with disruption taking the shape of scorching rays of backstabbing doom. or something. :)

Does Kush want to be a LARGE flying, aided, divine favored, raged, bears endurenced, righteous mighted, stoneskinned bringer of pain?[/sblock]

[sblock=oc]You'd think I'd remember the answer from when O3 gave it last time... gonna exchange enlarge for more MM probably.[/sblock]

Last edited:

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=stranded]

4th attempt to post. fyi, chrome+windows+enworld will flat out LIE to you apparently.

ALSO. ONCALL.

ALSO. BAM.
[/sblock]
[sblock=oc]
Ok, i think those wands will get us through the first fight at least, maybe more.

Unless there are objections, i'll sell the bag of holding and buy a stoneskin scroll. It'll need to be arcane, since it's cheaper.

That leaves us with ~1800 gold for anything else.

Rage is lvl 2 for bards, so it probably makes sense for Neth to prep/buy it for me.

Not sure if there were plans for haste, but that is also killer awesome for anyone foolish enough to let kushnak full attack.

At somepoint we'll have to stop making suggestions and just move ahead right.

:D

[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Neth can't prepare rage, 'cause he doesn't know it. (Might be a good thing for him to pick up the next time he gets to learn a new 2nd level spell... Which won't be until level 17...) But if we want to buy scrolls, he'll certainly cast it on Kushnak.

Haste, crushing despair, and glibness are Neth's 3rd level bard spells, of which he can cast 3 per day. Glibness won't be of use in the arena, and I'd guess that haste will help more than crushing despair. (Though Neth might as well use both.) So, unless a battle lasts a long time, Neth probably has haste covered.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]Erd could get rage, it would edge out either a fireball, fly, or dispell magic, and I think that having to concentrate might limit her usefulness in crowd control, so maybe scrolls would be best. Let me know if either of you disagree. I suppose 9 rounds of Rage might be enough for many of the battles, if we're lucky, which we probably won't be. :)

Erd can totally cast stoneskin when needed.

Did anything ever happen with getting Goeken into this?

Ready to move forward, although I'm on the East coast for the next week.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]No worries, I am back from the east coast, feel free to continue the conversation any time. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=moving on]Alright, seems like we're just waiting on something or another. So I went ahead and sold the bag of holding (O3 be sure and mark that off) and bought a scroll of stoneskin and one of bardic rage ( :) ) That leave us with 1641 left, unless I calculated the scroll wrong, I just charged us what a 2nd level scroll would cost.

Erd will spend the next couple days learning stoneskin. What are y'all doing?[/sblock]
[sblock=wait...]I'm assuming that having stoneskin is more important than having ice storm, black tentacles, and improved invisibility. Although I'm not certain, I think that replacing Ice Storm would be the way to go. Could someone advise me if 1) it's NOT more important than those, and 2) she should replace a different one.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases