• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Forged Fury

First Post
Recalling Koregar's knowledge of stonework, Whisper offered up, "There may be another tunnel buried in there. I couldn't really tell that well, but maybe your dwarven eyes will have a better go at it."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Presumably the party excavates further taking another 40 minutes to clear a tunnel enough for the party to fit through and get to the room on the other side of the collapsed rock.

tglassy

Adventurer
Koregar begins to inspect the stonework around the room, to see if he can get a clue as to where they are. He also keeps an eye open for any other passages that might be hidden.

OOC: Whatever check would be needed: [roll0]

Forged Fury

First Post
Whisper lead everyone back to the room she had discovered. She was a little concerned about how long they had taken to clear the tunnel, but she figured nothing could be done about it and she wasn't about to explore the area completely on her own. She pointed out to Koregar the area she thought another tunnel may have existed at one point in time. From the open doorway, she pointed out the various things she had noticed, including the amethyst floor inlay and the shelf of books. "I only moved over to the table over there, so I am not sure if the rest of the room is safe," she rasped.

Azurewraith

Explorer
"It seems as if it should be safe, looks like living quarters of some kinda, one can never be to cautious everything isn't always as it seems"
OOC: Wisdom Perception [roll0]

Forged Fury

First Post
"Yeah," Whisper concurred, "I doubt there will be any mechanical traps. I'm a bit more worried about magic traps, particularly since we don't have a way to detect it." Shrugging at their misfortune, the halfling started to check out the room, a little more confident now that the rest of the group was along for the fun. Moving around the perimeter of the room, she headed toward the bookshelf, figuring that would give the greatest insight into who called the room home. As she went, she checked out the various objects she passed.

OOC: Wisdom (Perception) - [roll0] (Checking fireplace for anything interesting. Does it have a chimney?)
Wisdom (Perception) - [roll1] (Checking out the bookshelf for interesting stuff)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
There is a passage along the northern wall, but requires more of a dig.

Inside the room you find that the table to the north has a variety of magical components, instruments, a wand, some sort of astronomy tools, and an inkwell. To the south is a fireplace and series of couches around a short table. to the north is a trunk with a horn, large metal key, and a cloth wrapped object. In the center of the room is a giant arcane symbol.

Two beds and a table with some rotten fruit and then a bedpan are on the eastern wall, another larger chair, a washbasin, some pillows, and two large trunks, one with a cloak on top, and then a table with the following tomes.

"Wards, Barriers, Creating, and Breaking"
"The Alchemist's Eyrie"
"Arcane Circles And You, a Beginner's Guide to Teleportation, Astral Projection, and Warren Navigation"
"An Atlas of the Planes"
"The Summoners Code"
"Deities and Divinations, Never Trust the Messenger"
"A Folio of Known Fiends"
"The Compendium of Enchanted Items"
"The Basics of Enchantment: People, Places, and Things"
"Dragons: An Owners Manual"
"Phantasms, Figments, Glamers, and Shadow"
"Nothing to See Here"
"Painting Over Reality"
"The Book of the Undead"
"A Book of Vile Darkness"
"Souls, The Afterlife, And All Things Between"

The fireplace chimney flue is there, and roughly 4 inches wide.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Koregar goes to the bookshelf and examines "A Book of Vile Darkness". He'd heard of a tome with a similar name, and wondered for a moment if that could be the same one.

Forged Fury

First Post
Frowning in annoyance, Whisper was disappointed to see that the chimney wasn't going to be her ticket out of here. Chimneys had been exceptionally useful when she used to burgle houses. Not trusting the room entirely, she waited to allow for the wizard to inspect the various items in the room to see if they might offer some avenue of escape.

Nodding in response to Nearis, she rasped, "I thought the same thing. Maybe it's one of those trick books with a key inside it or something."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads