D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Creamsteak

Explorer
Whisper ignores the idiots and gets back to work, the lock was extremely complicated.

OOC: Dexterity (Thieve's Tools) - [roll0]

Eight multicolored rays of light flash from the chest. Each creature in a 60-foot cone must make a Dexterity saving throw. For each target, roll a d8 to determine which color ray affects it.

OOC: Whisper is obviously in the cone. I'm not sure who else. I'll allow you to roll your save and your d8.

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Naeris would of been stood over by the bow at this point coming over from the book shelf so im assuming he will be stood in theCR/CQ 33/34 area assuming that's the bow on the desk added rolls in case hes caught in the blast [roll0] [roll1]

Forged Fury

First Post
Her pick scraped against the edge of the lock and the lock suddenly glowed like a rainbow.

"Uh oh..."

OOC: Hahaha... Prismatic Spray! Not sure who else would still be nearby, I had waited for everyone to have an opportunity to leave the room, but it doesn't seem like anyone did. Let's hope for a 6 or 7 on the d8, otherwise...

Ray = [roll0]
Dexterity Save - [roll1]

Hahaha... not that it mattered (although had I saved, I might have survived the poison ray, which I got hit with since I have resistance to that damage type.) Oh well... that was fun! Good luck to the rest of you!

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: I guess it also depends on which trunk was being plumbed. I may have missed that. One of the trunks is literally the thing the bow is sitting on.

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: Okay. I am avoiding looking up any magic items in the DMG (and we can't assume they all work like that anyway). I (as in player 'I') have no idea if a wand of secrets can destroy itself if you use up all the charges or not, but Siljar might know. I would assume he would know that at least some wands do. So Arcana check to see if he knows this one does or not:

Arcana: [roll0]

And History check to see if Siljar knows anything about Kalanyr
History: [roll1]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Whisper is illuminated in a blast of green light that is toxic to her. She takes 35 damage and wracking her entire body with pain in all sorts of ways.

OOC: I'm not using the massive damage variant thing, so I'm not sure if you're immediately dead actually. I think it's death saves all the way down like normal? I could be wrong on that, I have not encountered this kind of situation much.

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Okay. I am avoiding looking up any magic items in the DMG (and we can't assume they all work like that anyway). I (as in player 'I') have no idea if a wand of secrets can destroy itself if you use up all the charges or not, but Siljar might know. I would assume he would know that at least some wands do. So Arcana check to see if he knows this one does or not:

Arcana: [roll0]

And History check to see if Siljar knows anything about Kalanyr
History: [roll1]

The wand does not destroy itself or such upon using all its stored power.

You know nothing of Kalanyr.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: I don't think Instant Death is a variant rule. If you are brought to 0 and the remaining damage is more than your HP max, then you dead. With that said, is the 35 damage with or without her resistance applied?

Here's a Death Save in case it was not already applied: [roll0]

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:

I was close to wherever the wand was since I was doodling with that.

well let's hope for a good roll.

d8: [roll0]
dex save [roll1]

Guess I used up my good rolls on Arcana checks. Oh well...Should have cast sleep on the halfling before fidgeting with the wand.

Last edited:

Remove ads