IC Game [Pathfinder] Diabolical Plots

Mlwells

First Post
"Awww no ya don't! No bites before a drink or I'll bite you!"

With skill that would do a contortionist proud, the girl finagles her longsword out and brings it up to drive home in the beasts shivering body. The sword smoothly enters the creature's body with nary a sound.

"He he he he he!" Lanalia giggles at the monster she holds.

[sblock="Mini Stats"]
Lanalia L'as
Initiative:+3 ...
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +4

Judgement 1/1
Orisons (infinity/infinity) - Spell Save DC 12
-acid splash
-bleed
-brand
-detect magic

1st level Spells (2/2) - Spell Save DC 13
-inflict light wounds
-interrogation

Current Weapon in Hand: Claws

Conditions: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Starman

Adventurer
Not wanting to get his hands dirty in the melee, Talys hung back. If the creature broke loose, he was ready to fling another acidic dart at it.

[sblock=OOC]Holding action. If the creature breaks free from the grapple, he will cast Acid Dart at it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Talys
Initiative: +6
AC: 12 (10 Flat Footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 8 Current: 8
CMB: -1 CMD: 11 Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: n/a

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic; 1st Level: [strike]Mage Armor[/strike], Summon Monster I; Special: Acid Dart [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Darns it! Thing moves fast even when held. Just nicked it!" Fir says as once more his blade barely does more that get a new notch in itself.

Last edited:

mazzoli

First Post
The combined efforts of Fir and Lanalia finally cause the thing to cease its struggles. As the party picks itself up and cleans itself off another of the creatures flies out of the trees, ready to attack. It takes one look at its companions lifeless body and the relative health of the group that obviously killed it and, with a howl, turns around and begins barreling through the woods, leaving a distinct trail behind it.[sblock=GM]First combat in the bag. After each one of these, or really any time you accomplish something that I think deserves experience I'll post a rundown. I'm also doing 1.5x experience for the first level or two so I can expand my selection of what you can face. In addition, I've updated the first post in the thread with encounter information and your gained experience.

Cacodaemon - CR 2 - 900 XP (150 XP apiece)[/sblock]

Mlwells

First Post
"Ah-ta-ta-ta-ta," the girl, eyes wide, mutters with her blade protruding from the beast's body/face in close proximity to her own face. Letting the warranted surprise fade away, she slips out from under the toothy mess, and with much more grace, stands up.

Her balance regained, she lifts her gory blade to put it away. Except it doesn't lift easily, the corpse of the monster remains firmly shishkabobbed. Lanalia flicks her wrist, whipping the longsword up and down which results in no change. Holding the sword daintily up in front of her eyes, she glares at the ball.

Realizing how stubborn the creature was going to be, she plants her feet steadily on the ground and firmly grasps the hilt with both hands. With nary a sound but withering a glare, the lass vigorously shakes her weapon up and down, trying to dislodge the enemy.

It doesn't work.

Teeth baring now, she drops the sword, handle first, to the ground. Holding the handle down with her feet and the point facing directly up she takes her clawed fingers and stabs the into the squishy parts of the beast and pulls.

Slow at first, but quicker after, the monster slowly rises on the blade, making a disgusting squelching sound all the way. At last it comes off with a jerk and the sword tumbles to the ground. Ignoring the sword for now, Lanalia disengages one hand from the defeated corpse and begins to sing a song that starts off:

"Shiny shiny what-didja-eat hm hm hm?
Shiny shiny whatcha gonna give me tra la la?
Shiny shiny gonna cut you open ha ha."

With a likely disturbing precision and a single claw the girl makes an incision in the beast to look for anything of value.

Mlwells

First Post
Lanalia's face lights up, "Pretty!" With care she wipes the gem she has found off on a piece of cloth and places it in a hidden fold.

With that done she looks down at the monster's body still in her hands. "Ew." Her arms go limp and the former enemy tumbles to the ground with a "splch" and a "kkkhhh."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No be time fir pickin' at corspes. We needs to catch dat ting so it can warn no others. Come on!" Fir shouts tromping to the trail left behind by the creature, his axe and shield at the ready.

[sblock=OOC] So far so good. Fir isn't to powerful on the offense but that isn't the kind of warrior he is.[/sblock]

Starman

Adventurer
"Warn others? We have no notion whether there are others or not." Talys asked. "I would be more concerned about stumbling around in this place that none of us are familiar with." He took a deep breath and looked around at the others. "Caution is called for here, not wanton recklessness."

[sblock=OOC]Knowledge(planes) roll to see what I might know about this creature.[/sblock]

mazzoli

First Post
[sblock=Talys]You know that the creature that you fought was a Cacodaemon, the least of the daemons. The gem that Lanalia pulled from it is a soul gem. The best known ways of combating Cacodaemons are with the forces of good or cold iron weaponry. It is also known that a Cacodaemon's bite may cause a virulent disease known as Cacodaemonia. You have heard rumors that a soul gem may be helpful in curing cases of Cacodaemonia.[/sblock]

Remove ads