• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen

hafrogman

Adventurer
Slowly but surely, the group leaves behind the temple. Hunter secures and disarms the robed cultist, carrying him over one shoulder as you make your way down to the creek bed and reunite with Eadyan and the refugees. The townsfolk are tired, and scared, but manage to keep quiet as Carad and Scree lead the group back to the tunnel entrance. The journey is blessedly uneventful, and although the drain seems dark and imposing, Derrol and Kerrol dart inside before anyone can stop them. They cheerfully announce it empty and the group files through the dark and damp, finally reaching the other gate and the relatively security of the keep basement. The refugees collapse into huddled groups among the crates and barrels.

OOC: You're back in the keep, one prisoner in tow. The Governor is likely upstairs.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Jeni is one of the last ones in the keep, and she makes sure the gate is locked and secured. Once inside, she sees to it that the prisoner is tied up. "Tell the governor we are back" she tells the guards that come their way.

Forged Fury

First Post
Morgan winced at the bruises covering her body. "Let's go find Governor Nighthill and report on our success. After that, I could stand a short break before attempting any other rescues."

kuey1975

First Post
Looking worryingly at Morgan's injuries, Carad looked hesitant to speak up but he continued nonetheless. "We should also ask if there's any news from the mill. If what we encountered at the temple is also happening at the mill, there might be more villagers in danger."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Two guards do poke their head down from the second floor at the sudden commotion rising up from their feet. At Jeni's instructions, one goes back up to find the Governor while the other comes down to help secure and stand guard over the prisoner.

With your charge addressed for the moment, you are free to go up yourselves. On the second floor you find Governor Nighthill coming down to meet you. He looks like he hasn't rested a moment since you saw him last, but he looks upon you with a little dismay at your battered state.

"Ah, it appears that it is worse out there than I though. But I am glad to see you all still with us. And I understand you were successful in capturing one of these dastards and rescuing a large number of my people?"

Forged Fury

First Post
Morgan nodded her head in the affirmative. "That's correct, sir. We recovered one of their leaders and led the folk besieged at the church back to the Keep. Don't mind how I look, my armor appears to be not quite up to the task of dealing with kobolds. How has everything been while we were away?"

kuey1975

First Post
While his commander conversed with the governor, Carad turned to Jeni.

"It must be quite distressing to see your hometown going up in smoke like this. But you are holding up really well, and have been an immense help to the team. Thank you," Carad comforted Jeni, giving her an encouraging smile.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Jeni's jaw clenched at Carad's words. She whispered back, keeping her focus on the words of the Governo "These are MY people Carad." It was obvious she was holding back the rush of emotion. "I will save everybody I can, and will avenge those I cannot"

hafrogman

Adventurer
The Governor shrugs in response to Morgan's question, and then winces sharply as the gestures pulls something in his injured arm. Rubbing at his shoulder with the other hands, he replies.

"Things have been tense here, they've surrounded the keep, but have held off making any sort of push. It's got everyone on edge, waiting for the hammer to fall. Still, as sieges go, it's quiet. Take your rest where you may, I always say."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads