• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC - Mad King's Monkey II

doghead

thotd
Moment Two, Herr Borne's path, The Netherworld

The ground falls away slightly as the track departs the portal and enters the valley. The ground is rough and broken, mostly rock and hard dirt strewn with loose rocks and boulders. The footing is treacherous enough to require those on the move to pay attention to what they are doing. The track zigs and zags as it works its way through the valley and up the far side.

Small clusters of rough spiky bushes crowd in on either side of the path forcing it to twist and wind its way between them. The way between the bushes remains unobstructed but the tough spiky branches seem to be reaching towards the open corridor. They snag clothes, tear at bare skin with brutal thorns, batter exposed limbs. Despite their spindly branches and sparse spiky foliage, their interiors seem draped in shade, as if they have gathered up the surrounding shadows and wrapped them up within their branches.

A low discordant hum lurks in among the crunch of boots on hard ground, the clatter of stones dislodged and the small clinks of hard item against like. Elusive when listened for, it snatches your thoughts as soon as you stop pay attention, snagging in the corners of the mind like burrs in a woollen cloak.

[sblock=OOC]Summary
* Bayar - 1 Nonlethal damage
* Eban - 1 Nonlethal damage
* Libros - 1 Dex damage

Everyone please make another Reflex and Willpower Save.

The first number is a to hit roll, the second is the resulting damage if the characters are 'hit' by the branches.
* Bayar - 3/2
* Eban - 11/5
* Jan - 6/2
* Libros - 18/3
* Thuan - 9/5
* Ullara - 3/2 (woodland stride does not seem to have any effect. Despite their appearance, these are not plants in the sense Ullara is familiar with)
* Bran - 4/5[/sblock]

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Li Thuan, male human monk

Thuan kept moving with the group, bringing up the rear. This was is indeed a strange place.

[sblock=Saves]Reflex=18; Will=12[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Hellfire!" Ullara spits as the thorns miss her, swiping above her head. The hum presses down on her ears, and she shakes her head, looking back at her comrades, ready to get them to their feet if they fall.

[sblock]Ullara
Reflex - 1d20+1=20
Willpower - 1d20+6=7

Awesomesauce - bombed my Will roll, but made the Reflex (hopefully) like a boss.

Bran
Reflex - 1d20+6=11
Willpower - 1d20+2=11

At least Bran is consistent...[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Reflex and will saves:

the problems here seem to affect Invisible castle so I used coyote code sight:

lookup.php?rollid=47176]_: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7
1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12

Axel

First Post
"Oomph!" Bayar grunted as he tripped over. And after just watching Eban do the same thing too. With nothing injured bit his pride, he stood up and dusted down his pants before continuing the trek. Though it was more like a trudge.

Now he was paying attention, the narrow and twisting track was definitely unusual. Even more so for plants to have almost overgrown it. Ducking under the higher branches that Ullara probably didn't even notice Bayar began to understand what the Steward had meant.

"I not be knowing this path. But it not be like any other path I do know," he said to the world at large.

[Sblock]reflex=15,will=5[/Sblock]

Scott DeWar

Reflex save: 1d20+5=16

He then continues saying aloud, "Does any one else hear a hum? I know, Eban, you cannot."

Libros shakes his head as if to clear it and then puts his hands over his ears. However the buzzing appears to be in his head so that doesn't help. "Who anyone else hear that humming?" he says.

He he walks along the path he can't seem to avoid the spikes and as a result is starting to look a bit scratched.

[sblock=Rolls]2nd Reflex and wisdom rolls. DEX bonus is +1 due to DEX damage. (1d20+1=7, 1d20+4=16)[/sblock]

"Yes Libros, I too hear it."

Scott DeWar

"I don't believe a 'who ' is behind it. I believe it to be a 'what', A power and a great one at that. It may be aware, and aware of us. Let me try something . . . . . . "

Jan closes his eyes, standing so still that he seems to be a statue.

'OH GREAT AND BENEVOLENT ONE, THIS HUMBLE ONE BESEECHES THE FAVOR OF YOUR NOTICE'

He waits to see if there is any acknowledgement.

Axel

First Post
Bayar looks at Jaan with a mixture of incredulity and worry. Shaking his head, he continues the march, muttering "I be thinking it was your humming..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads