• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC - Mad King's Monkey II

Axel

First Post
"You be right," Bayar panted. Having run through the city with no breakfast, then had his legs burned, and now pursue a halfling (Bayar was convinced it wasn't a child) with murderous intent had not put the big guy in a good mood.

"I be too easy to see. And I not be bringing my bow this morning. We best be splitting up, unless there be watchmen coming t'other way soon. Unless any of you be having magic tricks suddenly be useful?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ullara Halx, female human druid with dog companion Bran

Ullara shakes her head when asked if Bran has the scent. "The smoke, it covered his trail. Come on, boy." Ullara takes Bran out of the smoky alley, into the cleaner air, and tried to help Bran find the scent again to give them a better direction to go.

OOC: Got a 21 on a Handle Animal check.

doghead

thotd
Day Five - Early morning, in the back streets of the city.

... Ullara takes Bran out of the smoky alley, into the cleaner air, and tried to help Bran find the scent again to give them a better direction to go.

OOC: Got a 21 on a Handle Animal check.

[sblock=OOC]The smokey alley is well behind you at this point. A good half a dozen junctions or so. See this post #378. That said, the last positive sighting you had of the two figures was heading into the smokey alley, so to try and pick up the trail, you would have to return there.

So, splitting the party huh? :)[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Grunting in frustration, Bayar points to Jan. "You, Jan, be grabbing a coat. Anything that be making you look more normal. Be best if he not see you, so you be sneaking up later. I be keeping on chasing, and be keeping on wishing I bring my bow."

With that, Bayar went back to the, so far, fruitless chase. It be a rubbish plan. But at least it be a plan...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Looking:
for a discarded coat on the ground, if not
if one is not found: look for a person with a coat and offer to buy one

[roll0]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ullara Halx, female human druid with dog companion Bran

Ullara tries to go around the worst of the smoke, trying to find where their two foes divided, any place where Bran can pick up the scent again so they can continue the hunt.

doghead

thotd
Day Five - Early Morning, somewhere in the City

Jan is able to obtain a scruffy old non-descript cloak from one (rather pleased) stranger for a mere half dozen silver pieces and his own, much finer cloak.

[sblock=OOC]Diplomacy roll made. Epic fail :devil:[/sblock]

MKM Map 001.gif

[sblock=OOC: Map Notes] The trail of stars (starting at the smokey alley) is the route that the child figure has lead you. You are at the second last star. The child figure was last spotted at the last star before he went north.

The last sighting of the other, 'adult' figure was entering the smokey alley. You are pretty sure he didn't double back (Ullara was watching the alley entrance, with Bran). So to pick up his trail again, you will have to return to the first star.

I really need to get my scanner set up again, or a half decent drawing program. Hope this helps.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc: [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION], follow the 'kid' , right?

Jan will don the new old cloak.

[roll0]

and act like he is just wandering while following the . . . . .

ghostcat

First Post
Libros is just about to state that they shouldn't split up when is
realises that Bayar has made is mind up and won't be easily persuaded.

Instead he says to Ullara "shall we go see if we can find the other track?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads