[IC] Sons of Gruumsh

Rayex

First Post
Frowning slightly at the sight of the drow, the lord tries to answer your questions as best as he can:

"You must have missunderstood. I see no connection between the orc raids and the disapearance of my son. The situation with the orcs have made my investigations... troublesome... as resources are now needed elsewhere. But... Now that you've mentioned it... It would not be unlike Oreal to do something.... hasty... I do hope he hasn't done anything as foolish as going after the orcs."

"As for demands for ransoms, no. Atleast, I have not. I couldn't say if the others have. And, you are right. The orcs seems to be more organized than usual, however I do hope... Oh well, you never know with Oreal."

"He might very well have left of his own, indeed. It would not be unlike him. He might resist being brought back, but I do trust your ableness to take care of him. Safely, ofcourse."

"Oreal is no more prone to drunkardness than any other men at his age. And speaking of others, I guess I should give you the names of the other younglings who have gone missing. Argent Bruil, Kalman Leiyraghon, Elaint Marsk and Kara Calaudra. I do believe young Kalman is one who favors the drink more than usual, though."

"As for the orcs, my lady."
he smiles at Derrenil, "the little I know about that matter is this: They have mostly attack outlying farms and the trade roads, and even gone as far as kidnapping. Apparently, they then withdraw into the foggy depths of Thar when they are done."

"Im affraid, however, that any co-operation between the houses in this matter is virtually non-existing. I might wish differently, but alas.
I have personally sent missives to House Leiyraghon and Bruil, but to no avail. I understand that Lord Bruil has started his own investigation as well, but other than that, I do not know."

Legildur

First Post
"Lord," the elven man starts as he strokes his chin in thought. "What places does your son usually haunt? That might be a good place to start our investigations and find who saw him last."
ooc: I'll be out of contact for a few days.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Kergan smiles at the elf, "Good question elf, if we can't find anything there we can always go and ask this Lord Bruil what his investigations have turned up"

Walking Dad

First Post
"I don't feel like slumming, I but will do what is needed. Have you a painting or something that shows your son? And do you know of other younglings that could be targets in the case of a kidnapper?"
The monk answers and asks politely if unemotional.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil

Her smile fades slightly as the displeasure on the Lord's face registers.

Talking somewhat aloud in a stream of thoughts, she continues to tap her chin with her index finger,"I must have misunderstood initially -- for I thought that your son, and the others, had been taken by the orcs themselves. This changes things somewhat."

"Where does your son normally reside? Here in the manse, or does he have his own residence?"

She turns towards the others,"Either way, I think it would be prudent to visit his quarters and look for any signs or clues as to what he was involved with in the days leading up to his abduction."

"But what is puzzling is the taking of several noble scions, and yet no demand for ransom as of yet -- there must be a connection as to why these younglings were targetted, and not just some random people on the streets."

"Then the second question is whether the orc raiding has any connection to the disappearances."

Rayex

First Post
"My son have got some training as a ranger. I know he often spends his time in the woods and plains, but not for more than a couple of days at most. He does live here, but he rarely spends time here."

At the question of a painting of his son, the lord produce a sheet of paper and hands it over; on it is a sketch of a handsome young man.

"I will be more than happy to show you his living quarters. They're sparse at the moment though, as I mentioned he rarely spend his time here."

[sblock=ooc]
I'm trying to get my scanner working, and will provide the sketch as soon as I am able to!

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kergen's face perks up at the mention of a ranger and he's instantly more interested in the conversation, even putting down the small trinket of their host's that he was examining.

"Well, that settles it, orcs can't be involved, 'cause ain't no self respecting ranger that'd let himself get caught by those pig-nosed idiots." Kergen says excitedly; "Yes, let's go check his room, maybe there's some clues there."

Rayex

First Post
The lord takes you to his sons living quarters. "As I said, he rarely spend his time here, but mayhaps you are able to find something that might help."

You enter into a spacious sitting room. Two tall-backed chairs positioned around a small round table at your left, looks to be where he spend his time reading books (The whole wall to the left is filled with bookshelves). On the right-hand wall there is a big marble fireplace, with three chairs positioned in a semi-circle infront of it. A door right ahead of you leads you into his bedchamber, which is much less elaborate quite small actually. A little bed with a unadorned nightstand is the only furniture here, and a plain door leads into his dressing room. On the nightstand in his bedroom something like a diary or a notebook.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil

Derrenil draws near, then sits in one of the high backed chairs, she takes in the perspective from the chair, seeing what the young noble would look at when seated, then gets up and walks towards the bookcase, looking at the titles -- basically seeing what kind of books the young man read.

Afterwards, she walks casually into, and around, the bedchamber. As she passes the nightstand and dressing table, she unconsciously draws her finger lightly across the surface and takes note of any dust accumulation.

She gently picks up the book on the small table nearby, inspecting its title and quickly thumbing through the tome, looking for any dog-eared pages, underlined words or bookmarks. If it turns out to be a diary, she begins to read the entries -- starting at the last and working backwards.

Walking Dad

First Post
"Mylord, what about the other younglings that could be targets in the case of a kidnapper? Do you have something in mind?"
The monk asks on the way to the son's room.

In there, after seeing Derrenil in action he says to her: "You seem rather used to this kind of work. Anything interesting in the book?"

Then he looks for clues the others might have ignored.

ooc: search+1; spot+7

Remove ads