• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Stealthy Missions: Prologue

Xael

First Post
Cormyr, somewhere near the town of Eveningstar. Mid-summer.

An old, large tree stands in a middle of a clearing surrounded by smaller trees. Sun is already setting, and it's getting darker as the night is about to fall.

You have been told by the informants/contacts of the organisation with no name to go here, where one of the members will meet you.

The clearing is still empty, as the time of the meeting is not yet in hand. The organisation doesn't want too much spectators, so the meeting is supposed to start when the sun if fully down.

OOGM: Post yourselves to the clearing or somewhere nearby. You don't know each other, and you know basically what the organisation does (=almost anything). Organisation consists of three leaders, who give missions to two groups. You supposed to form the other group.

Please notify, if I forget something or screw up. I'm a newbie D/GM remember?

Dalamar

Adventurer
A human male is sitting on a rock in the clearing. He is wearing an outfit fit for a rich merchant.
He eyes the clearing suspiciously, trying to spot any signs of terror.

Inez Hull

First Post
A stooped old man enters the clearing, chattering to himself as he cursorily inspects the foliage of the plants growing on its edge. To the close observer, he seems to move with a speed and grace belying his decrepit appearance and hobbling gait. His rheumy eyes constantly flit over all within his field of vision even though his neck seems to crane forward to focus soley on his own steps. He is garbed in travelling clothes almost as weathered as he and only the folds of his cloak suggest the presence of sword hilts otherwise unseen.

He lingers over a small vine attached to the bole of a tree and cuts off a length. He then sits with a groan on an old tree stump opposite the merchant and begins stripping leaves in silence. His face, partially shielded by a broad peasants hat, seems intent on the silence of the clearing, whilst his hands continue their task unmonitored.

Timothy

First Post
Behind the old man, an elgantly dressed young noble with a beutiful walking stick appears, he pulls of the men's hat. If the man changes into anything else he'll say:

"Let's all be whoever we are, we're supposed to be a team, I believe."

If the man doesn't change back, Timothy Backs will say:

"It's a good thing to keep your guard up, nice hat BTW, and give it back"

OOC: Sorry for railroading hide and spot checks, but I wanted to make a nice intro.

Inez Hull

First Post
Upon lifting the old man's hat Timothy does in fact reveal a younger but equally weathered man.

"Aye, I believe so. Who might you be then that makes a habit of stealin' old men's hats?" Orland smirks and then looks over the young noble. "So, not one but two poppinjays are to be me accomplices. I hope your looks are as deceivin' as me own."

Orland then effects a haughty and nasal tone of voice, "I wouldst have thou return my hat to me promptly rapscallion."

Orland then calls out to the merchant on the other side of the clearing. "So, 'oo are you then fancy pants?"

Timothy

First Post
"Off course, good sir, old man, here you go. I just wanted to make your acquintance."

Timothy hands over the hat to the weathered young men

"My name is Timothy Backs of Tor Yvresse and I am no Poppinjay!"

Timothy says with a smile.

"And with me goes: what you see is what you get, although sometimes I prefer not to be seen at all"

Inez Hull

First Post
Timothy said:
"although sometimes I prefer not to be seen at all"
"Aye, 'tis the best policy at times, but sometimes the greatest things to hear are not told to the silence."

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
The man walks over. He pulls off his fancy feathered hat (think of Jarlaxle's if you know him) and bows. A young human, with a light brown hair that ends slightly above his shoulders.
"Glad we took off with the right foot. Now, one of you fine gentlemen happen to know how we can get in touch with our contact?"

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Disrupting the friendly chatter, a shady figure steps out from behind a tree at the edge of the clearing. He is clearly humanoid (even though you can see only his basic shape as he is still at the shadows), and from his voice you can decipher he is also he.

"Did someone call me?", he says with a (slight) touch of humor in his voice. After a few silent moments he continues: "You all seem to be here, so we should get going. You can ask your questions on the way, introductions can be saved to later.", while his voice takes now more formal tone.

Then he leans against the tree, waiting. "This way."

You could swear there's something else moving behind him, but you can't see what.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Ah, this would suit me just fine."
He heads towards the newcomer, at the same time checking the multitude of pouches on his belt.

Remove ads