IC The Thirteenth Moon: Night of the Blood Moon

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Brad would only be allowed to carry a weapon if he were on duty. It is a good idea you might want to investigate though. Perhaps Brad could try to strategically switch shifts. Unfortunately, part of the problem with this is that these shifts are considered cushy, and rarely traded for shifts in other parts of the ward, as most security in Upper Tavick's Landing is private leaving the Watch with a leisurely job. But Brad could always talk to Commander ir'Talan. They might be able to come to some form of agreement.

FloatingDisc

First Post
OOC: Wow, we're back! Sorry I didn't realise earlier, everyone. Can't wait to get back into this story! I've chosen a darker orange for the new look ENWorld - let me know if anyone has difficulty reading it and I could switch to red or brown?

Dorius makes notes as Mandyran speaks, then gratefully replies "Yes, it would be very helpful if you could introduce us to this elf. Tell me, Mandyran, do you know how one might go about bearing arms in Upper Menthis? I'm not particularly handy with a sword, but it really completes this outfit, you know?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: It looks like I will need to pick a new default NPC text. Yellow on white is not gonna work. Anyone using green?

OOC: lower left corner you can choose blackened for a better background to contrast with lighter color speech

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Ah, yes. Blackened works well and allows for more colored text options IMHO. I will continue using yellow for NPC text. I hope that is okay with everyone. Thanks [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION].

For the others, I will pick up the pace after Thursday. This week is finals.

I also note we have lost the EN World dice rolling functionality. Until it returns, make your rolls on http://invisiblecastle.com/ or use another dice roller and link your rolls at the bottom of your post or integrated into your post using url tags like so: evil cultist attack hit AC 10. If you already have an invisiblecastle account, you may use that. Otherwise use either your character's name or your EN World screen name.

The wiki is also still around, but less user-friendly and no longer integrated into the campaign system near as I can tell. I'll have to experiment a bit over the next week.
"I'd be happy to introduce you. Come this way," Mandyran says, leading you over to a private booth where a single elf woman sits daintily eating a salad and drinking sparkling wine. She has dark black hair, deep green eyes and wears an ornate gown of green cloth with gold trim. It is highly fashionable.

"Miss Faer? How are you doing this evening? Is the food to your liking? Splendid. I just wanted to introduce you to a few friends of ours. They heard about your friend Denion's missing daughter and they want to help. They come most highly recommended. Oh, and your meal is compliments of the house."

The elf woman nods with what is not quite a smile, but not a bland gesture either. Mandyran smiles and pulls a few extra chairs over to the table for you before leaving you to your business.[sblock=Brad]
OOC: This meeting will occur shortly after the meeting with the other PCs at the Golden Horn.
The Commander is none too pleased to see Brad. She looks sternly at him as she asks him to close the door to her office. "I hear you couldn't catch the dwarf. A patrol found him hanging by his toes in an alleyway in Foundation earlier this evening. His throat was slit. Likely the work of the Tyrants. I don't appreciate failure, Guard. We can't let the Tyrants be the law of Foundation or any other district under my command and your failure has undermined our authority. If you thought you might need backup you should have requested it in advance. As such, I'm not inclined to do you any favors right now. Your next rotation for Upper Menthis is in three weeks and that is the way it will stay."

This is not entirely out of character for the Commander. She is known to be fair, but stern and has exceptionally high expectations for all guards under her command.

Commander ir'Talan is not inclined to be swayed from her position. (The base Diplomacy DC is 26, which can be reduced to 21 if you offer to work an extra shift with no pay.)[/sblock][sblock=Alise]Quarion seemingly unwilling to cooperate, Alise is forced to walk away. Hanamelk is disappointed, but not disapproving. "Very well, my child. If he does not wish to come, he does not wish to come and it cannot be helped. In the meantime however, perhaps you could assist me. You are not so... adept as Quarion at augury, but you can be of use to me nonetheless."

Alise spends the better part of the afternoon assisting Hanamelk with his divinations. It involves a lot of sitting around and meditating. Alise doesn't feel like she is of much help sitting on the floor silently in the lotus position for several hours, but Hanamelk seems to glean something from it, although he does not inform her of his progress. He merely bows to her at the end and thanks her for her assistance. "Perhaps tomorrow Quarion will return, after so much of this chaos has died down."

OOC: Alise receives 25 XP for effort.
[/sblock][sblock=Vigil]The people of Graywall are somber and serious, and outsiders receive a cold welcome. A visitor with a good ear notes the predominance of Karrn accents and spots Karrn features among the inhabitants of the district. The folk of Graywall are a bit suspicious of Vigil, owing to his warforged nature.[sblock=Ask around about where to find Slogar's; Gather Information DC 5]Folk are generally suspicious of a warforged asking questions in their district. Most give Vigil the cold shoulder. However, after an hour he does come across a street vendor willing to point him to Slogar's in exchange for 5 gp.[sblock=Gather Information DC 10]While most people are suspicious of him, Vigil does come across a more approachable woman who is willing to tell him how to get to Slogar's for only 5 sp.[sblock=Gather Information DC 15]Vigil speaks with a young boy who is friendly enough, but asks for some spare change (5 cp) or some candy before he tells Vigil how to get to Slogar's.[sblock=Gather Information DC 20]Vigil has a short conversation with a gentleman who appears quite sympathetic to the Warforged cause. He says something about how terrible it was the way the Five Nations treated his people and is happy to point Vigil to Slogar's, no cash requested.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Slogar's]The Slogars were one of the first families to settle in Graywall, and their restaurant has served the community for hundreds of years. The food isn’t fancy and the ambiance is rather gloomy, but the prices are quite reasonable. If you like traditional Karrn peasant cuisine—which, truth be told, is usually an acquired taste—it’s hard to find better. At present, there is only a single customer, a human man of dark features who seems to know the Slogars well. He sits at a table in the corner of the restaurant, reading the latest copy of the Sharn Inquisitive as he casually eats from an assembly of plates and bowls containing a variety of stewed meat, bread, and soup.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Plot Hooks]Party: Speak to Denion at The Crystals of Denion about his missing daughter. (active)

Party: Find and speak with Beige at the House Phiarlan enclave.

Dorius: Speak to Mandyran about the rumor.

Vigil: Find Brother Wayden at the Cathedral of the Cleansing Flame. (active)

Berrent: Visit the Rat's Market and press the goblin Skaken for information on the Cults of the Dragon Below. (active)

Brad: Find the dwarf grifter in Foundation before the Tyrants do. (resolved)

Alise: Seek Hanamelk at The Gathering Light for his counsel and meditation. (resolved)[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"Hello, Miss Faer. I'm Bront" Brad says. "We'd like to help Denion find his daughter if we can. I'm in the Watch, though not acting in an official capacity on this case."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, at the meeting with Commander ir'Talen: "Commander, he literally slipped out of my grasp. I'm sorry to hear what became of him. I will be more careful from now on.

In any case, I fear that thanks to our recent success against cultists my friends and I may be targeted for revenge. I can disguise myself easily enough but the others can not. Yet we are trying to help out a friend and need to go to Upper Menthis.

I'd be willing to work an extra shift without pay to get the Upper Menthis slot."

Commander ir'Talen shakes her head. (diplo = 8) "Sorry."

ooc: Would carrying tools such as a crowbar or hammer be considered illegal in U.M.?

Last edited:

Remove ads