IC The Thirteenth Moon: Night of the Blood Moon

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Cassa finishes her salad and takes the last drink from her sparkling wine. "Well, I must head home now. Come and see me at the Art Temple, just a couple towers away from here as soon as you find anything."

It is night now and you have a lead on Denion's daughter. You know the address where she was last seen.

[sblock=Nadia]"Now that you mention it," Reina says putting one hand on her hip and another scratching her chin in thought, "I do recall that fellow who owns the Golden Horn... what's-his-name... Mandyran, yes! He said that he knows a bit about it. Maybe you should go ask him. Golden Horn's not far from here. Only a few towers away o'er in the University District."[/sblock]
OOC: I found the post with Vigil's last position, [MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION]. Click here. Also re-posted below.
[sblock=Vigil]The people of Graywall are somber and serious, and outsiders receive a cold welcome. A visitor with a good ear notes the predominance of Karrn accents and spots Karrn features among the inhabitants of the district. The folk of Graywall are a bit suspicious of Vigil, owing to his warforged nature.[sblock=Ask around about where to find Slogar's; Gather Information DC 5]Folk are generally suspicious of a warforged asking questions in their district. Most give Vigil the cold shoulder. However, after an hour he does come across a street vendor willing to point him to Slogar's in exchange for 5 gp.[sblock=Gather Information DC 10]While most people are suspicious of him, Vigil does come across a more approachable woman who is willing to tell him how to get to Slogar's for only 5 sp.[sblock=Gather Information DC 15]Vigil speaks with a young boy who is friendly enough, but asks for some spare change (5 cp) or some candy before he tells Vigil how to get to Slogar's.[sblock=Gather Information DC 20]Vigil has a short conversation with a gentleman who appears quite sympathetic to the Warforged cause. He says something about how terrible it was the way the Five Nations treated his people and is happy to point Vigil to Slogar's, no cash requested.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Brute Force Method: Spot DC 10, takes 6 hours of wandering the district]After wandering the district aimlessly for many hours, you finally spy a sign labeled "Slogar's." A milky, yeasty aroma fills the air nearby.[/sblock][sblock=Once you learn the location of Slogar's]The Slogars were one of the first families to settle in Graywall, and their restaurant has served the community for hundreds of years. The food isn’t fancy and the ambiance is rather gloomy, but the prices are quite reasonable. If you like traditional Karrn peasant cuisine—which, truth be told, is usually an acquired taste—it’s hard to find better. At present, there is only a single customer, a human man of dark features who seems to know the Slogars well. He sits at a table in the corner of the restaurant, reading the latest copy of the Sharn Inquisitive as he casually eats from an assembly of plates and bowls containing a variety of stewed meat, bread, and soup.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I was thinking of making a set of Kings and pawns, perhaps the centaur would be the knight. *sigh* A more slender chest like a normal man? not so horse like?"

She listens about the missing lady and her bordom is shooed away as her curiosity is piqued. "I am sure he has half the watch looking, however, I wonder if an extra set of eyes would help in searching . . . . ."

"I need to find someplace with drawings of the fey folk for a better set of game pieces anyway."

[sblock=Nadia]"Now that you mention it," Reina says putting one hand on her hip and another scratching her chin in thought, "I do recall that fellow who owns the Golden Horn... what's-his-name... Mandyran, yes! He said that he knows a bit about it. Maybe you should go ask him. Golden Horn's not far from here. Only a few towers away o'er in the University District."[/sblock]

OOC: fyi, Kings and pawns = Chess

Suddenly, like being dropped in a tub of perfumed bath water - not totally unpleasant, but a definite change - the all smiles switches to puzzlement.

"Komrad Reina, Is this for the drawings, or somehow Little me can help find this missing daughter?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Nadia]Old lady Reina winks and smiles and Nadia. "You didn't think the Host blessed you with such magical powers so you could sit around doing scrimshaw all day did you? I imagine there are a good many things that could be done with abilities such as yours. You ought not to underestimate yeself. Go talk to Mandyran. I suspect if anyone 'sides the Watch is looking into it, he'll know."[/sblock]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Vigil marches up and down the streets of Greywall inspecting every building as he passes. He recalls that that the general populace in this particular district are distrustful of Warforged - perhaps distrustful enough to send him in the wrong direction or force him to pay for useful information. Still, he is in no rush, and after a quarter of a day has passed, he eventually finds the building labelled as Slogar's.

As he enters, Vigil sees the lone patron quietly eating. Eating must be quite a pleasant experience, he muses, as humans and other races seem to indulge several times daily on foodstuffs. Animals, too. His patron explained that living beings require food to give them strength. Vigil wonders why Warforged do not have their own type of food for regaining strength. He imagines that gems would be a likely source of Warforged food, as wizards often use powdered gems in potions.

Vigil soon realizes that he was directed to approach his target and speak the proper command phrase. He clomps over to the dark-featured man and announces, "Sir. Vigil has been directed to inquire about your satisfaction with this evening's curds and whey." He then stands expectantly for an answer.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

[sblock=Nadia]Old lady Reina winks and smiles and Nadia. "You didn't think the Host blessed you with such magical powers so you could sit around doing scrimshaw all day did you? I imagine there are a good many things that could be done with abilities such as yours. You ought not to underestimate yeself. Go talk to Mandyran. I suspect if anyone 'sides the Watch is looking into it, he'll know."[/sblock]

Nadia, who had been studying her horse chested centaur knight, puts down the figure and stands so fast one may think she was away from her seat before the figure is on the table. If you look close it seems it was laughing at her too.

"If mom or dad asks I am looking at drawings butdon'ttellthemIamatMandyran'stolookfor . . . . " **SLAM**

The rest of the breathless comment is lost as she is out the door.

Graybeard

Explorer
Soranda

The young monk had spent the day wandering around the Temple District admiring the many statues of the gods. They were quite impressive. She admired the craftsmanship and the esthetics of each one. Without realizing it, she had spent hours just looking at all the wonderful statues in peace.

She took time out from admiring the statues to gaze upon the city. It was so large and imposing. She had difficulty in understanding how the residents could find their way around. She had read some of the history of the city at the temple. Sharn was a very old city. From what she had read, the economic classes followed closely with the height of the towers. The lower to the ground someone lived, the lower their economic status. In some ways, it made sense.

She sighed deeply and turned back towards the massive towers of the temples. It was getting late and she really should return to the temple for the nightly meal and prayer. There would be plenty of time to explore this massive city when she wasn't busy with her training.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Vigil]The man lowers his paper and looks querulously at the warforged for a few moments, one eye in a half wink but eyebrow raised. Vigil notes his eyes dart quickly left then right before focusing back upon him. Then a tiny hint of a grin forms on his face. "They are surprisingly flavorful tonight," he says dryly before folding up his copy of the Sharn Inquisitive and setting it to the side.

"Please, have a seat," he gestures to the chair on the other side of the table. After a brief pause from Vigil, he mentions quietly, "Oh I know you warforged don't tire and therefore have no need of seats, but do indulge me. You stand out enough in this district as it is. I can't help but wonder what Brother Wayden was thinking sending you here. No offense intended, of course. It's just that a warforged in Little Karrnath is rather like an orc in a dwarven clanhome. Would you care for some scented oil? Slogar's is the only place in this district that sells it and I hear it is quite popular among your people."[/sblock][sblock=Nadia]Twenty-two minutes later, Nadia arrives at the Golden Horn, a well-known destination for those in Upper Menthis. The atmosphere inside is somewhat subdued. The gloominess of the night of the Blood Moon still pervades and the clientele here is small for a place that is usually as busy as the Golden Horn is. A half-elf man with gentle green eyes and long dark hair comes forward to greet you. "Welcome, Miss, to the Golden Horn. I am your patron, the owner and operator of this establishment. I am guessing by your lack of luggage that you are not here to stay for the night so the restaurant is it?"[/sblock]
OOC: I am still working up a mentor for Soranda and a way to get her into the story, [MENTION=21705]Graybeard[/MENTION]. Of course, if you have an interesting idea, feel free to float it by me. We don't have to have a mentor set up for you just yet.

Scott DeWar

"Da, I mean yes. I am here for food, but um, . . .also I have a couple of other reasons."

She pauses, "I hear you may have drawings, specificly of the Fey kingdom . . . .um . . . .could I veiw this?"

She balks on the other reason for now, but she has no idea how to ask about kaotanud ühe , the lost one

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Your characters see a young woman (Nadia) enter the inn's tavern hall just as Cassa is leaving. She passes the elf art dealer on the way in. It being a slow night, Mandyran goes to greet the young woman personally. She seems flustered and a little out of sorts.

"Well, yes, I do have some drawings of fey upon the walls," Mandyran begins. "Perhaps you'd like to take a seat and have something to drink while you examine them. Might I recommend our house Brelish mead? It is quite popular this season."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases