IC The Thirteenth Moon: Night of the Blood Moon

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
With a flippant hand gesture, she says, "Sure, sound perfect." She jumps up and skips over to the nearest drawing, labeled Sprite: Grig and her eyes light up and she squeals with joy, streaks of color shoot all along the wall, floor and rafters like streamers of rainbows. She covers her mouth as she turns and gives an apologetic look at the gentleman who is bringing her ale.

"Nii kahju Inn Master. So sorry."

She continues on: nixies and pixies, Asrai, spring healed jack and finally she stops at a Centaur. "Oooooo, His chest, just like my da's. Not like horse chest. So many . . .", her voice trails off as she stands there.

Suddenly she turns around and skips back to her table is waiting with a mug of mead. She sits and takes a sip and closes her eyes as she savors the flavor. After a few moments she stands with her mug and walks to Mandyran. "So. Last night. Crazy, Yes? Blood moon."

OOC: whew. This character is a challenge. All that she is I am not. Not cricious, not non-chalant, not female. There, got that off my chest!

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Scott DeWar, would you mind picking a color for IC speech, or at the least putting it in Bold, please?
Mandyran looks up to Nadia, "Oh yes, the Blood Moon. Quite a strange thing. I wonder if it is still up there. It's overcast tonight so hard to tell. Odd, we rarely get overcast nights here in Sharn."

"So tell me, aside from the paintings of fey, what brings you to my humble establishment tonight?"

As he speaks, Mandyran casually glances at a warforged over by a corner booth where the elven woman Nadia passed on the way in was sitting.[sblock=Soranda]"Thank you for coming, Novice," Lorsanda says as she lights candles before an altar to Dol Dorn. The chamber is sparsely decorated and generally used for meditation in the Pavilion of the Host.

"I am certain you are aware of the events last night. It has caused a great stir within the city. I have an assignment for you which I believe may require your martial talents. One of the faithful, a man named Denion, has discovered his daughter is missing and clearly the Watch is overburdened at this point. Desperate times call for heroes to answer the call. I do not know many of the details, but Denion is a generous member of our congregation and he deserves assistance in this matter. The last I heard, he was combing the district of Ocean View in Upper Tavick's Landing where his daughter was last seen. I doubt you can locate him at this moment very easily. But I have it on good authority that a half-elf man named Mandyran who owns the Golden Horn in Upper Menthis is working on putting and independent group together to investigate the matter. Please go visit with him and see if you can provide any assistance in this matter. I am certain Denion, and more importantly, the Church will be well-served by your endeavors."[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Relaxing a bit Nadia looks to the man and says, "Well, blood moon, it makes the people act crazy. A Man's daughter - She is now missing. If my father were to lose me in madness of blood moon, He would dig to the foundations of Sharn to find me!" Her slavic accent slips out a bit while she speaks with concern.

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Please, have a seat,"
he gestures to the chair on the other side of the table. After a brief pause from Vigil, he mentions quietly, "Oh I know you warforged don't tire and therefore have no need of seats, but do indulge me. You stand out enough in this district as it is. I can't help but wonder what Brother Wayden was thinking sending you here. No offense intended, of course. It's just that a warforged in Little Karrnath is rather like an orc in a dwarven clanhome. Would you care for some scented oil? Slogar's is the only place in this district that sells it and I hear it is quite popular among your people."
"Vigil will acquiesce to the request but must not tarry long, for the information sought is most vital."

Vigil awkwardly adjusts his massive frame to place himself on the chair. The chair groans in protest but holds its own.

It is customary to purchase a beverage or nourishment at such establishments, Vigil ponders. He scans the room, locates who he perceives as the help, then yells
"ONE SCENTED OIL!"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Vigil]An older gentleman with a long, wispy, salt and pepper goatee and simple yet elegant clothing approaches the table at Vigil's request.

Slogar: "Ah yes, sir. Velcome to Slogar's. Vould you prefer ze primrose pine or ze Shadowmount syrup scent?"

After taking his order, the elder Karrn rushes over to the back room, making the appearance of hurrying, but in actuality taking a good deal of time before the order is delivered. While awaiting the scented oils, Vigil's contact, Vladar, begins his explanation.

Vladar: "The Church of the Silver Flame has been pursuing a great many rumors of the existence of a temple devoted to the Blood of Vol right here in Graywall. Ever since the arrival of so many Karrns, it has become one of our chiefest concerns. I am one of the few Karrns who is a devout follower of the Silver Flame, when the price is right anyway. And I have uncovered some interesting stories about the Hazal family. Their patriarch, a man named Lan Hazal, seems to be an important figure in the community, and I believe if anyone knows anything about the Blood of Vol, it will be him. However, getting access to him is difficult at the moment. He is so highly regarded in this community that he is considered above reproach and access to him is limited to his close friends and confidantes. I have observed one thing of great importance however. Lan Hazal's estate is a focal point for the community. There are many meetings there. He seems willing to take in anyone, so long as they are a Karrn. Keep this information closely guarded. It would not do well to go spreading rumors about such a powerful man. This information should be for Brother Wayden's ears only."

"That is all I can think of to tell you for now. Of course, if you have any specific questions, I shall be happy to answer them, but you should not tarry long here. Your extended presence might attract much unwanted attention."
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Mandyran's face shows a hint of recognition when Nadia mentions her purpose. "Ah, then you know of Denion's plight. Interesting." He strokes his chin in thought, which is covered with the lightest touch of facial hair, which half-elves seem to grow rarely if at all. "Well, young lady, I know little of you and might be able to point you in the right direction of those who are seeking to help, but how do I know your intentions in this matter are honorable? And for that matter, the seeking of Denion's daughter might be dangerous indeed. How can I be certain I would not be sending you to your doom? Many bright-eyed individuals yearn for adventure yet lack the capacity for it."

Scott DeWar

Nadia sighs, her mouth twisted in a thoughtful pose. She looks the man in the eyes and says, "What you speak is truth, you know nothing of me. I have no way of proving to you I mean nothing but good for the girl. What can I do to prove my intentions?"

She shrugs her shoulders but maintains her eye contact with the half elf.

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Soranda

Soranda's demeanor was serious as she listened to the instructions from her teacher Lorsanna. She had just been given an assignment on behalf of the church. She was determined not to fail.

She nodded curtly to her mentor. "I will do my best. I will not bring shame or dishonor to the church in my endeavors."

The young monk bowed respectfully before turning and leaving the room.

It took her some time to locate The Golden Horn. This city was so large and she had only been here a short time. Her daily duties left very little time for exploring the city. She had gotten lost more than once even after asking strangers for directions. Eventually she had located the place and stepped inside. She knew she was supposed to ask for a half-elf named Mandyran but once inside, she realized she had no idea what he looked like.

This was no time to be shy so she found someone that looked like an employee.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for a man named Mandyran. Would you be so kind as to point him out or introduce me to him?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases