• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

SunGold

First Post
Angrily resigned to the fact that Derendil won't save himself, Surana leaps off the trail to try and knock the creature away from him.

OOC: Kick-shove - [roll0]
Advantage (rage) - [roll1]
Bless - [roll2]

Dex to catch myself - [roll3]

Uller

Adventurer
As you come down on the Hook Horror and get a good look at it you see this one is also covered in fungus with sprouts growing through every opening in its armor.

Athletics check [roll0]

Surana plants her foot firmly on the creature's head and sends it careening backwards.

Uller

Adventurer
distance fallen [roll0] X10'
catch (DC 10) [roll1]

OOC: is it just me or is 1d3 always rolling a '1'?

Tried it in the rolling thread...seemed an even distribution...

It falls 10' then catches itself.

Last edited:

Uller

Adventurer
Falls to about 10' below Surana and Derendil. Derendil looks at Surana blankly as if to say 'What the...?" Surana is now clinging to the side of the cliff.

OOC: [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], Erevan is up.

Sorry for the slow responses. It's going to be a busy week for me. I'll try to respond Wednesday evening.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Come on, keep moving!" Erevan instructs the others as most of them pass by him and the kuo toa. "We need to get away from these monsters as soon as possible. Go!"

For good measure, the elf shoots another arrow at the hook horror that is now 10 feet lower.

OOC: Attack: [roll0]
+bless [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
If I'm not mistaken, no sneak attack? Or perhaps it has disadvantage due to being shoved and is now hanging on, unable to defend itself properly? I'll roll in case you feel SA is granted: [roll3]

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
Sorry, no SA but it's a good hit.

Another arrow from Erevan thwacks into the side of the Hook Horror. It starts climbing back up towards Surana and Derendil.

Everyone is able to move back onto the ledge. Ezraen is standing at the front of it. Derendil and Surana are in front of it and down a few feet.

Sarith, Eldeth and Bertram each launch a bolt at it.

Sarith hand crossbow
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Bertram hand crossbow
attack [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Eldeth light crossbow
attack [roll4]
damage [roll5]

Orsik casts sacred flame
Hook Horror dex save (DC 13) [roll6]

Voidrunner's Codex