D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
Bertram points out "I don't think they've noticed us yet...we could move back up the trail a bit and let them pass."

OOC: You could get out of sight easily enough if you don't want to confront them right here. But you'd probably have to back away too far to be able to ambush them or really see anything as they pass. You might be able to leave a couple stealthy characters near the beach to hide and get a look at them as they pass...but if they get caught the main group of you would be 100' or more away.

I'm just giving options. Not counselling one course over another.

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Are we sure they're kuo-toa? (And not, say, a party of drow looking for runaway slaves?)

Not sure there's any point in hiding if they're kuo-toa. We've got to face them one way or another. Might actually be better to greet this small party than the entire village.

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: Okay, I wasn't sure if the horn meant they spotted us...

Ezraen looks deep in thought, "Shuushar, does this mean anything to you?"

Uller

Adventurer
Yes. They are definitely kuo-toa (at least some of them). You can tell by the odd way they walk (more of a waddle than a stride).

Uller

Adventurer
Shuushar: "They are a raiding party or a patrol returning to the village. They are warning of their approach so the sentries won't send up an alarm. But what is strange is the fish-people in among the rocks. I don't know what they are doing there. Usually all the live withing the village stay in the village."

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
That earthquake and rock slide probably put the kibosh on any drow pursuit for the time being...I'm not saying they gave up. They almost certainly know you are coming here. But they will have had to find another way around or have some pretty strong earth moving magic.

DMAesh

Explorer
"Well, let us find out then..." Ezraen starts preparing the area for potential battle, "Let us hope they are not also infected like those Hook Horrors."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"I agree," Erevan says. "Better to approach a small group first before entering town."

The elf likewise prepares for a battle, but keeps his weapon on his belt for now.

Remove ads