ICC--Cnc Assault on Blacktooth Ridge

isidorus

Explorer
Supporter
Finally getting started--Still need 2 more characters

Intro--The Barren Woods thin out and meld into farmland and flowing pastures. Turning the corner of the dusty road, the small wooden and stone houses of Botkinburg comes into view. Trailing plumes of smoke wisps puff out the houses leaving lingering clouds and the crisp fragrance of various woods burning in the houses fireplaces.
Children run and spin through the streets playing age old games known only to children. The children's parents go through their early morning work while keeping a close eye on each others charges. The only tavern in town, a two story wooden structure called "The Bent Hook", is already open for business, with various races moving through the door set in it's stone face, going to and fro from the common room.

Last edited:

MonsterMash

First Post
Beregost walks wearily down the road, his pace starting to increase as he sees the town coming closer. Pausing at the edge to shake as much dust as possible from his clothes, he walks on looking around him, and towards the Bent Hook.

Kraven

First Post
I (Kraven) was bebopping down the road. Suddenly, I spot the pub and start to run as fast as I can while thinking to myself "I'm thirsy". As I tear past a gnome, I say in a friendly fashion "Hi'ya shorty".

ironskulls

First Post
I, Shreve, as always am always ready for a brew at the pub! I see Kraven (we have had a many a brew together in the past) and quicken pace to catch up. As I pass Beregost, I exclaim, "Friend, you must join us at the pub to quench your thirst as you look weary from your travels. We may discuss our furture endevors as there is much adventure to be had on this side of this vast country!". I quicken pace to meet Kraven.

MonsterMash

First Post
Beregost increases his pace to try and keep up with the faster moving humanoids, but still arrives to the tavern after them. As he enters he looks round the room, taking in what he can about it's denizens.

isidorus

Explorer
Supporter
The room is covered in smoke stained paneling giving the room a dark and brooding nature at times. The oppressive air was lightened with the early morning fire and twinkling candles scattered through the common room. Tables and chairs were randomly placed throughout and gave the room a feeling of chaos in a otherwise orderly business. A staircase leads up to a second floor, while two large oaken doors are open to a brewery and kitchen.
At a table in the common room is a large older man consuming dripping mutton form the platter in front of him and followed by gulps of what smells like freshly brewed ale. A smattering of older men and women are in the process of cleaning or serving various patrons sitting at the tables. Young children run in out of the kitchen bringing pitchers to and cups to the tables and clearing off empty tables.
At one table a muscular man at one table wearing chain coat and tabard of a Knight. At his side is sheathed long-sword and shield both within easy reach. Two other man, sitting at a smaller table wear the same colors and are his retainers every night has. Another table is two freshly married couple staring into each others eyes the look of tinkers about them.
A young man wearing robes of a wizard sits at another table smoking his clay pipe and definitely thinking about something. A grizzled dwarf in leather armor leans against one of the far wall watching everyone else in the room.
Several town members are in the room talking and whispering about the current events of late. Although most of the talk is mundane, various rumors of 'Horrid creatures" surface, a "wood witch" and evil magic and last but not least is the complete disappearance of the Molkin Twins who did not leave a trace of where they went.

Last edited:

Kraven

First Post
After entering the pub, I grab a seat and order some food and drink. I try to pump more information from the serving wench about these rumours that are going about. I also scan the room to see if there are any fellow thieves about.

Ybor Phayde

First Post
Ybor approaches the village with the feeling of gratitude, thankful to be back in civilization after wondering the wilderness for many months. Hoping to find a place to sit and relax for a bit he spots the Broken Hook. Ybor was very anxiuos, he has never interacted with anyone outside the monastary. With a sigh, he readjusts his pack and opens the door. Unfamiliar smells and noises seem to hit punch in the face as enters the tavern. Many different faces look him up and down as he stands just inside the door. Ybor looks at himself as if he might have saomething on his clothing that they might have noticed. Seeing nothing wrong he surveys the room for an empty seat. He notices a half-orc guzzling down a pint and it makes him think of his mentor whom he hasn't seen in months. Ybor makes his way through the crowd and sits at an empty table and pulls a flask out of pack and poors the liquid into an empty cup he grabbed from the bar as he made his way to the table. The attention on him from the patrons had died soon after he sat down. Ybor sat there sipping from his cup and listened to the murmer of the people in the room. Picking up parts of conversations, and contemplating. Is there anyone here that may need my help, he thought.

MonsterMash

First Post
Entering the tavern Beregost looks around to find a place to sit before settling not too close to the half-orc and looking to catch the waitresses eye.

ironskulls

First Post
I had entered the pub abd sat down and did not notice at first, my partner in crime from past endevors, Kraven. I get up and meet him at his table where he is already seated. I ask him if he noticed the vast aray of characters that ssem to congregate at this central location. I too am curious about the talk about the room of some kind of disturbance that seems to have fallen upon this usually quiet village. Kraven is trying to gather some information and I do the same. I noticed the gnome has arrived and nod in a freindly manner. I also notice another had entered that I did not recognize, but did notice he seemed just as interested in the talk going about and also in our conversation. "I need an ale, no make that two!" I exclain to our server. I also order some food to fuel up for what may turn out to be an interesting evening.

Remove ads