• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ideas for a James Bond Campaign

gpetruc

First Post
I was thinking about running a short D20 Modern Intelligence campaign (a la James Bond / Mission Impossible)

My main ideas where:
- set in Europe (expecially in large turistic cities so that I can easily have maps, names of places & so on)
- characters are spies from the English secret service (like James Bond)
- about 1993: (not sure about the timeline, I'll have to check it on some reference). The wall dividing Berlin has fallen, in Russia we have Gorbaciov (sp?) and it's time of reforms, but there are also dissidents, so that [the following is not historycal, but needed for the plotline] the intelligence (ex KGB) is not all on the same side (some are with the governament and want to cooperate with the west, some instead are against it). I've also decided that the Bulgarian secret service is against it and so they will be the Bad Guys in many situations (I mean no offence to the Bulgarians at all; just needed some country and chose one randomly)

The campaign should be realistic (at least as the JB films): no FX, strange monsters & so on.

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome, expecially on the following:
- other possible opponents (I was thinking about the Mafia: in those jears we there where many scandals in Italy for corruption of important public people)
- some plot hooks

EdwardForrester

First Post
Thoughts

Have you played a video game called Splinter Cell. It really has all you want and I believe is modern day or maybe a few years in the future. As a summary, Sam Fisher works on a Ubersecret organazation and has the Fifth Freedom. The Freedom to kill, bribe, assinate, to do what ever it takes to get the job done. He goes all over the world chasing down enemies of the US. This could work as well if you wanted to bring your game closer to now. Just a suggestion.
If you keep to your same Campaign got a suggestion for you. With the reforms coming to Russia some of the Old Guard commanders get the feeling that they will end up with nothing and slowly start to try to gather money and power for themselves by cautiously selling thing on the Black Market.
With Italy kinda being the home of our mob why not run with it. No disrespect intended but it is the truth. The Yakuza (Japanese Mob) is also an option for you.

Hope I helped

Remove ads