• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E If 5E is going back to vancian plus "some tinkering" isn't this...

JRRNeiklot

First Post
The more I hear about it, the more it sounds like AD&D Reborn (or possibly BD&D). While I have some quibbles with particular implementations, the overall trend looks pretty good.

This boggles my mind. From my perspective, 5e won't even be in the same universe as AD&D.

am181d

Adventurer
This boggles my mind. From my perspective, 5e won't even be in the same universe as AD&D.

This is maybe an indication that you're both off the reservation. 5e will have more in common with 1st and 2nd edition than 4e did, and probably about as much or even a little more than 3e did. Which is to say they all have classes and races and hit points and armor classes and experience points and spells called "fireball" and "cure light wounds" and all that.

But, to quote LeVar Burton, you don't have to take my word for it...

JRRNeiklot

First Post
This is maybe an indication that you're both off the reservation. 5e will have more in common with 1st and 2nd edition than 4e did, and probably about as much or even a little more than 3e did. Which is to say they all have classes and races and hit points and armor classes and experience points and spells called "fireball" and "cure light wounds" and all that.

But, to quote LeVar Burton, you don't have to take my word for it...

Yes, well. a halberd has more in common with a fork than a shoe, but I wouldn't try to eat with one.

Otakkun

Explorer
Well, I'm downloading the playtest as I write this (thanks piratebay!). Would've done it earlier, but I just couldn't get it from the WotC provided link (then someone pointed me to google + torrent).

Let's see what I get and I'll be back to write about me being wrong or right (hopefully wrong!)

Feeroper

Explorer
Well, I'm downloading the playtest as I write this (thanks piratebay!). Would've done it earlier, but I just couldn't get it from the WotC provided link (then someone pointed me to google + torrent).

Let's see what I get and I'll be back to write about me being wrong or right (hopefully wrong!)

Wrong or right? Dont loose sight of what this is - a playtest. This isnt the final product that will be hitting the shelves eventually. If you dont like what they do, or if you do like what they have, then please let them know! This is the purpose of a playtest. This is a very much under construction system that needs proper feedback, not commentary about how they have failed out of the gate. They arent out of the gate yet, not even close.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads