• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If an average Halfling has a 8 Str and weighs 30-35 lbs...

Reef

Hero
ArthurQ said:
would't real life dwarves apply? (as in those afflicted with dwarfism.)

Actually, not really. Despite their differences, real life dwarves are still human, and therefore will still share many of the same 'structural features', despite their statures. Halflings are a completely different species, whose internal biology may be quite a bit different from a human, despite the outside similarities.

So, I think Anabstercorian had the best analogy, comparing them to chimps. Although a fair bit smaller than humans, their different muscle structure would allow a chimp to peel a human like a banana if the mood struck. :) Different species, different standards and tolerances.

Last edited:

Dark Jezter

First Post
I haven't seen anybody mention that halflings, as small creatures, have lifting and carrying limits 3/4 that of a medium creature.

So if a halfling has 8 strength, they can lift about 45 pounds over their head. Which is still impressive, given their size and weight, but not super-strong.

Ferret

Explorer
Actually it's sixty, which is two halflings, but a human can only lift one human if they stagger around as well, the least one can way is about 124lbs. It's all in relation, 60lbs is hardly anything to us, but to halflings it's much more.

Last edited:

Dark Jezter

First Post
Gah! Brain fart! I was looking at the maximum load for a character with 6 strength instead of 8 strength.

I withdraw my previous post.

Psionicist

Explorer
Klaatu B. Nikto said:
There was a Ripley's Believe It or Not! episode that had some freakishly buff 7 year old who could bench 185 lbs, which was about 3x his body weight. IIRC, he was the offspring of stuntmen, who also taught him martial arts. Apparently the kid wants to be the next Ah-nuld.

Edit: Found info tho not completely sure of the accuracy.

He is pretty creepy.

http://www.richardsandrak.com/

Moleculo

First Post
well i dont know how much chimpanzees weigh, but they can rip a grown man's arms out of their sockets and an oragatang can lift a motercycle above their head. I believe most apes display similar strengths, so i could believe a halfling being strong. I don't agree though with their wieghts, they seems like they should be denser or something heh.

Sanackranib

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
...aren't all these people superhumanly strong for thier size? They can lift twice thier body weight on average.

don't forget that a small creature can only lift 3/4 what a medium creature of the same STR can lift.

Remove ads