D&D (2024) If there are no half-elves or half-orcs will there be Tieflings (half fiends)?

Remathilis

Legend
Considering the Eberron creator is stepping away from Eberron and DnD, I suspect the answer to that question is simply that Eberron will not appear again going forwards.

Similar to Dark Sun, WotC may just decide that the combination of themes they no longer agree with, a red-headed step child of a class they hate supporting, and the original creator leaving is enough for them shelve the setting for good.
If they can do Dragonlance without Weiss and Hickman, they can do Eberron without Keith. There is zero reason they would abandon Eberron.

Yaarel

He Mage
Considering the Eberron creator is stepping away from Eberron and DnD, I suspect the answer to that question is simply that Eberron will not appear again going forwards.

Similar to Dark Sun, WotC may just decide that the combination of themes they no longer agree with, a red-headed step child of a class they hate supporting, and the original creator leaving is enough for them shelve the setting for good.
I love Eberron. It gets so many things right (examples, culturally relativistic religious points of view, playable monsters, urban environments, psionics, sensible cultural consequences of magic, etcetera). Keep going with 2024 Eberron onward.

Dark Sun is a mix. It has so many features that are important and progressive (examples, egalitarianism, psionics, nontheistic religious traditions such as elementalism and shamanism, prescience about climate change and ecology) and enough features that are problematic and difficult (examples, normalization of slavery, tyranny, genocide, death sports).

Weiley31

Legend
I won't be getting rid of any of the half races.
WoTC:
1691887527141.png

I love Eberron. It gets so many things right (examples, culturally relativistic religious points of view, playable monsters, urban environments, psionics, sensible cultural consequences of magic, etcetera). Keep going with 2024 Eberron onward.
All of that plus the Warforged. ;) The first Construct PC race.

Remove ads