• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If Thoughts Could Kill

Victim

First Post
"Considering that this locale seems to contain ample resources for a necromancer," Darian says, whilst surveying the ruined weapons, skeletons, and other evidence of long ago battles, "there may indeed be other undead created by the lich nearby. Good call."

Fivteen feet? We may have some problems here. "If you can't tell where wall is, kick sand in front of you as you run. If it bounces off something, you need to veer away."

GruTheWanderer

First Post
While Verra manifests haste and fires an opening shot against the undead beast (27 damage), Bellus casts spider-climb on himself and moves up next to Verra.

There is a brief flash in the creature's right eye and whitefire blankets the party. Tuskaar and several horses are severely hurt (20 damage). Darian and his horse are somewhat protected (5 damage and 15 damage). Bellus avoids the attack altogether, while the rest of the party and horses are somewhat burned (10 damage).

At the same time, the huge undead bear moves forward with lightning speed, rapidly closing the distance to twenty feet. Zelestine and William jump from their horses and charge to meet it, hoping to give the wizard time to cast his spells. They hit with mace (12 damage) and greatsword (16 damage). It bats at William as he moves into its reach, but misses.

Tuskaar summons massive amounts of positive energy and sends them washing over the creature. No immediate effect is visible. His cries and Tuskaar's bellowing do seem likely to disturb the dead, however.

Darian hastes himself before throwing up the wall of force.

Actions, please.

Attachments

• thoughts10.gif
    thoughts10.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 102

Jemal

Adventurer
William groans as the powerful swing narrowly misses him. "I Wouldn' wanna be 'it by that, m'boy.. best keep yer hands to y'self." He comments, downing one of his battle potions before continuing the attack with both maces.

OOC: If I'ld got in beforehand I would've done it before entering battle, but too late now I guess..
Drink Potion of Heroism, Then double-full attack with maces.
(+2 to attacks, saves, skills for 1 hour.
FOR NEXT HOUR:
+19/19/14/14, 1d6+10 damage; 2X +2 Light Maces
Saves:
FORT: +11 REF: +10 WILL: +9

Victim

First Post
OOC: Oops. I thought it was several hundred yards away or something.

I've either misjudged the creature's velocity, or the distance. Perhaps a simple spell or item could be devised to discern such matters effortlessly. It would certainly make aiming spells much eaiser. Quickly responding to the too close undead, Darian dismounts and slaps the flank of his horse so it would run from the battle. Not that it needed much encouragement after the psionic fireball.

OOC: Dismount, DC 20 ride check for a free action, otherwise MEA; Ride +2. Note that a Light Warhorse has 22 HP starting. I'll assume that Darian fails the check.

"Groknar, come here. I need to tes... err, cast a spell on your weapon." While waiting, Darian chants the Fly spell.

OOC: standard: cast Fly on self. haste: ready action to cast Strength to Strike on Groknar's axe when he moves within range. Stats are above.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Verra will move to F11 (help - I fell off the diagram) with his move equivalent and fire two shots into the beast with Rapid Shot (+21 to hit on each).

Hammerhead

Explorer
Okay, wizard man! [/color Groknar says. He moves close to Darian, awaiting his spell, and then moves around the invisible wall to the flank of the beast, awaiting an oppurtunity to charge in.

OOC: Move to L9 after moving towards Darian.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Jemal, I will assume that William drank the potion before charging. He still failed the save.

Verra's next two shots against the creature are a little less effective than the first (20 and 15 damage), but the elemental damage is clearly taking its toll.

Bellus waits near Darian, knowing that his skills would find little purchase against the undead beast.

The Taphos claws Zelestine with its huge front claws, inflicting terrible wounds (20 and 18 damage). It also grabs her with its left front claw, preventing her from attacking with the greatsword.

Verra sees activity in the bear's left eye, and suddenly William stops moving. Verra recognizes the symptoms of a brain lock.

Tarkus moves to one end of the wall of force, casting a spell as he goes. Tuskaar moves to the other end.

Darian casts fly, then strengthens Groknar once the half-orc draws near. The barbaric warrior then runs past the wall of force to the side of the undead monster.

Once Groknar passes the wall of force another whitefire goes off, engulfing William, Tuskaar, Groknar, and Verra (all saves made, 10 damage each). Tuskaar is looking somewhat hurt (23/53 hp).

Third round coming up. Actions, please.

Remove ads