• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If Thoughts Could Kill

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Map

Attachments

• thoughts11.gif
    thoughts11.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 114

Victim

First Post
While his short friend could land well placed blows against living targets, Darian had noticed that his style suffered against solid constructs and unfeeling undead. He could probably use a little help. "Here Bellus, this spell should quicken and empower your strikes as well as provide better protection than Full Plate. You should be able fare better against undead foes with the dweomer."

OOC: Cast Gird the Warrior on Bellus as standard action. Effects are as above.

He then ascends using the Fly spell, darting above the Wall with a mere upward glance and act of will. "Do you use that this creature is same one from the Scrying? This feeble psionic whitefire isn't what I expected from lich." Since his companions were about converge on the undead bearlike creature, it would no doubt fall quickly. Best to attack the lich throwing the psionic fireballs then. Perhaps he demonstrate the superior arcane fireball. Yes.

Darian begans aiming for the left eye of the bear, attempting to detonate his fireball inside the hollow skull.

OOC: Haste action, 9d6 Fireball, Reflex DC 20 or 22 versus evil creatures. +11 versus SR. If the opening is small, like an arrow slit, Darian needs to make a ranged touch attack (+3), lest the fireball explode on the front/top of the head, and not inside.

Goading the lich can't be a good idea.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Damnit, I boost my save up by 6 points and STILL get held. OH, btw, I know this is going to hurt me, but I'm a bit of a rules lawyer whether it's good or bad for the party. If that brain lock thing prevents me from moving, then I should remind you that anything preventing movement also causes all reflex saves to automatically fail, so unless Whitefire is a Fort save, That's 20 damage.

IC: William growls in frustration and decides to stop fighting spellcasters and psions... cheating, no-fair bastards.

Victim

First Post
OOC: I think Brain Lock only dazes the target, so you can defend normally. Even with a good save, it's pretty easy to fail. My cleric with a good Wisdom, multiclassing reinforcing the base save, etc still failed plenty of Will saves. He was charmed, affected by a magical sleeping effect, and mindblasted a couple times. Despite having a 8 Dex and a Reflex save hurt by multiclassing into another poor Reflex class, I think I made about as many Reflex saves and as I did Will saves. I might try some dispels in a round or two.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Tarkus completes his spell and grows to about 12 foot tall he charges the dire bear greatsword glowing brightly. He snarles something in orcish and lets loose all hell on the dire bear. Kord take you you abomolation. He saws in common.
[he will swing at the dire bear]

Tuskaar, having taken a huge amount of damage will retreat back behind the wall and whine.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
If I don't get in there to help William, he's likely dead . . . or worse," Verra thinks as he moves into action.

Verra will manifest Shield facing it toward the creatures [improving AC by 7 and Reflex saves by 3] and move to H8 touching William, saying "It's Verra, Don't resist this," and Dimension Dooring with William to A2.

AC: 36 [+5 armor +8 Dex +4 Haste +1 Natural +1 Deflection +7 cover]
Power Points Remaining: 44 points [after Shield and Dim Door]

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tarkus's pet was getting hurt, and that fire was starting to sting. Groknar eyes widen, and his hair starts sticking up. He starts shaking as he approaches the skeleton.

TIME TO EAT AXE! he screams, raising his greataxe and smashing it into the creature.

OOC: Move action, Rage, Power Attack for 5, Attack
+18 Attack, 1d12+25+1d6 Acid + 2d6

Last edited:

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Verra shields and moves to William, sending him beyond the wall of force.

While Zelestine struggles to free herself, the undead dire bear mauls her repeatedly (22 and 21 damage, Zelestine has 3 hp left).

As Tarkus prepares to charge the monster, he sees a dark-skinned man with tightly braided dreadlocks in creature's right eye. His skin is oddly flushed and his eyes look like silver lamps. He raises his hand and Tarkus is also brain locked.

Tuskaar retreats behind the wall while Groknar charges the Taphos. The half-orc shatters the entire left side of the undead monstrosity, and it drops to the earth, releasing its hold on Zelestine (42 damage).

The psychic warrior immediately dimension slides away from the beast eyes. "There's a blue inside the left eye wielding a dorje!" she shouts.

Darian's fireball streaks in and explodes on the snout of the creature. The results are still impressive. Verra sees the blue blown back from the window by the fireball (40 damage), while the lich is somewhat less affected (20 damage). Unfortunately, Verra is also lightly burned (20 damage).

Still to act this round: Bellus, blue. Will post asap. Actions for fourth round, please.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
OCC: FYI Gru, I thought I Dim Doored with William to that point. If not . . .

Verra yells from the blast of the Fireball Crap, that got hot in a hurry, he thought. Verra will adjust diagonally away from the creature [G9] and full attack [Rapid Shot two shots and attack again with the Partial] either a target within one of the eyes (if he sees them and has a shot) or the beast itself.

If it is one of the targets within the eyes, Verra will use psionic shot (+1d4 damage for one power point). If it is the lich, Verra will also use Fell shot [bypass armor and natural bonuses] for all three shots.

Order of preference [Lich, Blue, Creature].

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads