If you could only play one---

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Human wizard. Because there's never been an edition where that's been a bad combination, so I'm future-proofing myself for later edition changes. And I can still have fun even if I go to an older edition.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Human Bard - I've played one in every version of D&D since AD&D 2nd. There's been a lot of different takes, but it's usually interesting plus a character who mechanically is strong socially plays well with my preferred RP mode.

Satyrn

First Post
Gnome paladin.

Nah, I'm a fan of fighters. And both the battlemaster and champion are versatile enough to model any sort of character I'd want to play, whether a swashbuckling do-gooder or a knight in shining armor.

So my real answer is Human fighter

Last edited:

Tough call between human cleric or elven wizard. I think I'd have to go with human cleric as the various gods/domains suggest a wide variety of PCs and the human pantheon has tended to be the most detailed throughout editions.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Bard. Any kind, any race.

Because handing dice to your fellow players all the time to boost their rolls is so much fun!

I have an RP character that I always play in any MMORPG and his background story is basically that he is a very young tomboy god. He is agile, likes to use daggers and has holy and healing powers and later evolves into a sword dancer, moving swords with telekinesis. Of course that cannot be reflected directly in D&D, so...

There's this theory that elves are actually vessels for the gods to use if they want to check on the normal plane as they can't exist on the normal plane as gods. So I think elf is the most appropriate race, though I was also considering half-elf.

Job I guess Cleric still fits best due to the holy and healing powers. I can just neglect using any armor and just use a dagger too.

Draegn

Explorer
A half Elf witch from the fae forest of Arendyia who protects her people from the incursions of the glutenous cherry eating emperor of Tolenestria.

elmore_witch.jpg

Remove ads