• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you like Dwarven Forge, check THIS out!

ThomasBJJ

First Post
I have a number of Grendel pieces, which I absolutely LOVE! If anyone knows where (other than Ebay) to pick up some old Grendel resin pieces, please let me know. I'll buy them used also, if anyone wants to get rid of some.

pogre

Legend
ThomasBJJ said:
I have a number of Grendel pieces, which I absolutely LOVE! If anyone knows where (other than Ebay) to pick up some old Grendel resin pieces, please let me know. I'll buy them used also, if anyone wants to get rid of some.

Hey, a lot of the old Grendel stuff is back in production! I'm getting ready to make an order. Check out Discount Hobby. Drool and enjoy!

MythosaAkira

Explorer
pogre said:
Hey, a lot of the old Grendel stuff is back in production! I'm getting ready to make an order. Check out Discount Hobby. Drool and enjoy!

Ah, beat me to it :) I'll second the recommendation for Discount Hobby. I've ordered a bunch of Grendel stuff from them in the past and was never disappointed.

They have a Grendel catalog (.PDF) you can download from one of their sites (Mega Miniatures).

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
Hello people. For another source of dungeon terrain, Mage Knight has a series of dungeon packs out that's nice looking. My FLGS had a whole table set up with them and it looked sweet. I don't know how they would compare with products mentoned in this thread except that they would be convenient to get a hold of and use

ThomasBJJ

First Post
Hello people. For another source of dungeon terrain, Mage Knight has a series of dungeon packs out that's nice looking. My FLGS had a whole table set up with them and it looked sweet. I don't know how they would compare with products mentoned in this thread except that they would be convenient to get a hold of and use

Well, I use some of the Mage Knight accessories like thier pillars, furniture, and the new traps set. As far as thier dungeons go, they look ok, but they are a little too big for typical miniatures (D&D, Reaper, Chainmail, etc.) I think the floor grid is like 1 1/2" squares. The dungeon walls and floors are nice but they are not flexible to design with (grid only).

I really like Skeleton Key games "Adventure Tiles" magnetic tiles also, but a nice 3D Dwarven Forge dungeon blows floor tiles away.

Next project is to pick up a few buildings from the "Miniature Building Authority" for some city scenes. They are high quality, but a little pricey. I'll try to just get 1 piece per month or so.

ThomasBJJ

First Post

WOW! I just downloaded that catalog. DAMN! That just made my day. Drool is absolutely correct. I already have about 1/4 of the stuff in that catalog (and a few more things that aren't in there) but there are a few things in there I haven't seen before.

Know what my favorite thing about the Grendel scenery is? It's easy to paint, and looks absolutely fantastic once it's finished. I guess I'm going to have to quit my job and start painting my miniatures full time.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Grendel Scenery is awesome. I love the $12 cost. I can order one or two sets at a time without setting off my wife's "you're spending too much on this damn hobby" alarm :)

MythosaAkira

Explorer
ThomasBJJ said:
Next project is to pick up a few buildings from the "Miniature Building Authority" for some city scenes. They are high quality, but a little pricey. I'll try to just get 1 piece per month or so.

Another excellent gaming accessory line! I'd recommend starting with the Corner Inn. It's one of the pricier buildings, but I think it's the coolest one.

Between MBU and Dwarven Forge...sigh ;)

Remove ads