IG's "Those Left Behind" Chapter 3

industrygothica

Adventurer
The hags’ chanting grows louder. Loddie and Duran, from their cages suspended from the ceiling, seem to be relieved that it will all be over soon. From the sacrificial table, the man in the white-plumed hat struggles against his restraints. “I’ll see you in hell soon enough, friend.” Duran smiles.

The kobolds close in on Talashia. Dozens of tiny daggers and spears make their way toward her, negating any chance of stopping the foul ritual.

The others continue to battle the relentless trolls, and have even managed to fell one, but their regenerative powers are almost too much to overcome.

The floors and walls continue to shake. A great gout of flame rises up from near the ritual’s origin, and shimmering sparks float like feathers throughout the chamber.

The old man’s cage came down first, crashing into the stone floor with a thunderous resonation. The cage itself was a twisted mass of unrecognizable metal; the man inside was likely just as bad.

A maniacal laughter came from the other, as Duran danced and shook his own cage. “It’s coming!” he shouted. “And even in death I shall seek my vengeance!”

The chanting grew even more as Talashia felt the first spear tip penetrate her delicate flesh. And as she howled, the walls began to crumble. The trolls pressed their attack even as Shaimon’s magical fires raged on throughout the chamber.

Duran’s wish was granted as his cage too crashed into the ground below, followed by thousands of pounds of stone and debris from the collapsed ceiling. Soon the entire chamber was little more than a pile of smoldering ruins.

The dwarf Rogash lay in shock. He was injured, but alive and not completely buried beneath the stone. During the moments it took for him to regain the use of his limbs, his eyes could only focus on one thing: a single white feather floating listlessly in the air, seemingly refusing to land.

[sblock=Talashia]Though she wasn’t able to understand most of the words of the chant, one repetitive word stuck with her, even as she lie semi-conscious beneath the stone. “Shadowfell.”[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]This concludes chapter 3 of Those Left Behind. At this time I ask you to please discontinue use of your 3.5 character builds, and begin with your 4e builds.

This thread is closed, as are all chapter 3 threads. Please continue OOC discussion here, where I will offer further direction on what we're doing here.

DeWar: it's been a pleasure gaming with you. Again, should you ever decide to give 4e a try, this game is always open to you. Until then, happy gaming![/sblock]

Remove ads