IG's "Those Left Behind" Chapter 3

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia comes up behind Rogash and Caerwyn, eager to put a stop to that chanting before it's too late. Though she can't quite see what's across the chamber, she chants a spell of her own.

The tunnel is suddenly alive with snaking arcs of lightning that writhe out from the ball growing between Talashia's hands. At the apex of the spell, she holds the sphere of crackling power aloft, and yet more lightning crashes out from the yellow silk sash she wears, filling it to a size that she can clearly barely control. The surface of the sphere wobbles constantly, and sparks shoot out, burning spots on the cavern walls all around her.

Then she flings the dangerous-looking thing away! It hurtles down the corridor and out into the room, briefly illuminating the hags and their victim in silvery blue light! When Talashia sees the bound man her eyes widen in sudden alarm.

"Oh hells! Shazi, why didn't you TELL me they had a hostage?"

"How was I supposed to know what that spell did!"

Their bickering is cut short by a colossal thunderclap, and an expanding cloud of arcing bolts of lightning, sizzling and sparking off every surface.

(Scintillating Sphere! Centered on the hag ritual, and using the Veil of Storms to augment. Everything within 20' of that takes 48 damage, 1/2 on Ref save of DC 17. Goodness...nice damage roll. Roll Lookup )

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Shai opens his mouth to speak as first one, then another of their members charge the trolls. When Talashia rushes forward, too, he just frowns.

"But I thought ... staying back and strateger ... stratag ... oh, hells. Dys, you see any chaos critters, you stay back, hear?"

With that, Shai rushes forward, as well, trying to see what they're up against.

[sblock=OOC]Shai and Dys will move forward, as well. That leaves the sphere where it is. the spell descriptiononly talks about damage when entering a square, nothing about continuing damage if the sphere and opponent both stay there, so I'm not sure if the troll needs to make another save.

Move action down, standard will depend on layout. Are any two of the three remaining trolls standing next to each other? Shai can use the Wall of Fire to encircle them in a ring of up to 20 ft in diameter (which I think will only cover two of them). Alternately, if he could use the wall to block them off from the rest of the party, he's likely to do that. [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
The hags give momentarily to regard Talashia's magics, but then continue their chanting. The man in the white-plumed hat screeches from his bindings. "Oh, we're saved! Yes, it's all them! They made me do it!"

Shai bursts into the room and blocks off two of the trolls behind a wall of fire while Rogash and Caerwyn hack away on another. Rogash feels his limbs moving faster.

One of the trolls slaps at Caerwyn; he can feel the filthy debris left behind in the would from the thing's disgusting claws.

Above, Loddie and Duran watch the battle intently from their respective prisons.

The kobolds move in and surround Talashia as the hags continue their chanting. Uulark notices a faint vibration in the ground, and small bits of rubble and debris falling from the walls and ceiling.

[sblock=OOC]Don't worry about damage taken this encounter. This one is more about the story and less about the technicalities.

And yes, it's the next round now. ;)[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental

"People, something's coming! Either an earthquake or some very big creature. Can't you all feel the cavern trembling?"

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

The hags give momentarily to regard Talashia's magics, but then continue their chanting. The man in the white-plumed hat screeches from his bindings. "Oh, we're saved! Yes, it's all them! They made me do it!"

Shai bursts into the room and blocks off two of the trolls behind a wall of fire while Rogash and Caerwyn hack away on another. Rogash feels his limbs moving faster.

One of the trolls slaps at Caerwyn; he can feel the filthy debris left behind in the would from the thing's disgusting claws.

Above, Loddie and Duran watch the battle intently from their respective prisons.

The kobolds move in and surround Talashia as the hags continue their chanting. Uulark notices a faint vibration in the ground, and small bits of rubble and debris falling from the walls and ceiling.

Shai stands his ground even as said ground begins to shake.

"Little brother, got another one for you to burn," he calls to the flaming sphere, which promptly bounces from the blinded troll to the other free one.

"And you little skinks," the bearish man says, turning in the direction of the kobolds, "No fair ganging up on Talashia!"

"But you know what?" Shai says, pulling another small berry from his pouch and feeding it to Dyspeer, then running his hand down to the nape of his companion's neck as both man and wolf growl. "Wolves love lizard meat.

"Take care of her, Dys,"
Shai adds, patting the wolf's flank. Dyspeer, bared teeth seeming to gleam a moment, pounces forward in the direction of the kobolds, jaws snapping.

[sblock=OOC]Move action to direct the sphere to switch targets, standard to cast Magic Fang on Dyspeer, free to handle him to Defend Talashia, which sends him to attack the nearest kobold.

Wasn't sure if you didn't want us to worry about damage to us, or rolling in general, so I rolled for this round (though in the case of Dys, maybe that's not so good... ):

Flaming sphere damage (reflex negates), round 3 (2d6=9)

Dyspeer bite attack; damage (magic fang) vs. kobold (1d20+7=11, 1d6+3=5)[/sblock]

Remove ads