[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4(e)"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Feel free to remake Caerwyn if you like, but don't feel obliged to. Caerwyn was originally added because a player wanted to link backgrounds with me. Talashia's concept doesn't specifically demand a brother, PC or otherwise. :)

Alternatively, if you want to play a monk he could still be related.

It's all good. Do what you want to do, then we can all decide how we're related or not.

I will contemplate this on the tree of woe.

Friadoc

Explorer
Okay, folks, I've upped the point buy to the high fantasy point buy, which should give you folks a bit more room to play with.

Also, as it seems folks are preferring the sandbox campaign, I think I'll be going with that and get my brain to work on it. I should be getting threads up for character sheets and information later today, or early tomorrow.

I'd do it right now, but I'm going to see the Avengers in a couple and, well...Avengers. :)

Cool?

Also, I'm aiming for putting the sandbox in Varisia. It'll be a place called Camlin Fell, which lies between Wartle and Whistledown on the north bank of the Yondabakari River. Camlin proper is a few miles back from the river while Camlin Shore is a small outfitter and tradingpost that services the often trafficked river.

Anyhow, that should give you folks enough information to go on, for now. Good luck.

jkason

First Post
Okay, think I've settled. Decided I liked playing around with the "changeling" trope, i.e. trouble-making fey traded for a human child. Haunted seemed to be a fitting curse for that, and then we have background.

[sblock=Gileysefed Lan]When the human Lans lost their only infant to illness, they prayed that their now-barren home might somehow be blessed with a child resilient enough to survive the rigors of the world. They prayed to their gods, but it was fey spirits lurking in their home who heard and answered. The couple soon found a new baby in their infant's crib: a tiny gnome.

So happy were they to have another child, they chose to ignore the odd chaos which seemed to always surrounded the baby. Certainly it was a tad unsettling the way the wind seemed to whisper with an actual voice on occasion, or in fact that the wind seemed to gust when no windows were opened. But the Lans were so very grateful to have a hale and hearty son with such a sunny disposition that they ignored it.

When Giley's natural tendency to bring home strays resulted in a large, red-haired wolf at their door, the Lans were a little more leery, but despite his intimidating look, Golfinwerg seemed to want nothing more than Gileysefed's safety and happiness, so they didn't really object.

The townsfolk, too, learned to overlook Giley's natural disasters, and the wolf was always so ... well, well-behaved. It is now a common sight to see the bright-eyed Giley riding Golfinwerg about town as if on a sightseeing tour. [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
I will contemplate this on the tree of woe.

Or, as Keanu would say, "Dude, I will contemplate this on the tree of...woah."

*air guitar*

Aaaaaanyway. Between Giley and Talashia, it seems like Camlin Fell is a hotbed of unusual magical events. :) We could have a sort of medieval-fantasy X-files or Supernatural or Smallville kind of thing for a few levels, where we're just romping around town investigating and dealing with wacked out magical mishaps and weirdness.

Hee hee

Leif

Adventurer
Tyyrh, Elf Fighter

Point buy:
S14 (5pts)
D14 (5pts) +2 racial = 16
C16 (10pts) -2 racial = 14
I8 (-2 pts) +2 racial = 10
W11 (1 pt)
C11 (1 pt)

Tyyrh's final ability scores at L1:
S14 +2
D16 +3
C14 +2
I10 +0
W11 +0
C11 +0

HP: 12

Tyyrh's story:
Tyyrh has an older brother (Wyyst) who is a half-elf wizard of great power (at least 4th or 5th level I figure), so Tyyrh has always been driven to prove the superiority of the pure-blooded elf. There was no way he could compete in arcane knowledge, so he went to the opposite extreme, and just learned to kick his big brother's a$$ on command. Wyyst got in tight with the 'bigwigs' of the local elf leaders, and made it very uncomfortable for Tyyrh to live and function there. Tyyrh, realizing that Wyyst had beaten him, swallowed his pride and left his home, vowing to one day return and finally win the admiration of his people.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Beware-scribble pad of an incein jeenyes-you have been warned

I kinda like a x-philes, fringe, supernatural, smallville thing

Monk 1-human
Ernesto de Palo Torres <-- gives an open for a place to wander to

From the rolling hills of the southern wine country is a monistary within well guarded walls. They garden most of what they need, selling the rest to cover repairs and such. The vineyards are quite vast, for this is what they are truly known. What the not so commoners know is it is also the keepers of a vast library with not a few rumors of an arsenal of weapons and items of power.

It is from here the intrepid Ernesto has been raised-found as a child-an orphan in a dangerous world . . . . . Intrigue within mysteries; riddles coded into conundrums. State vs cathedral. Who knows why he has been sent out . . . . .

Human Monk 1 20 pt buy
str 12
dex 14
con 14
int 14
wis 14
cha 10

Human bonus: +2 str

SAVING
THROWS base abil misc total

Fort
Ref
Will

A/C

Scott DeWar

I kinda like an x-philes, fringe, supernatural, smallville thing

Monk 1-human
Ernesto de Palo Torres <-- gives an open for a place to wander to

From the rolling hills of the southern wine country is a monistary within well guarded walls. They garden most of what they need, selling the rest to cover repairs and such. The vineyards are quite vast, for this is what they are truly known. What the not so commoners know is it is also the keepers of a vast library with not a few rumors of an arsenal of weapons and items of power.

It is from here the intrepid Ernesto has been raised-found as a child-an orphan in a dangerous world . . . . . Intrigue within mysteries; riddles coded into conundrums. State vs cathedral. Who knows why he has been sent out . . . . .

Code:
Human Monk 1 20 pt buy
str   12   
dex   14   
con   14   
int   14   
wis   14   
cha  10   

Human bonus: +2 str

[B]SAVING
[U]THROWS  base  abil  misc  total[/B][/U]
Fort   
Ref   
Will   

A/C

Scotley

Hero
Actually, if all the folks from this campaign are interest, I could be up for running a Pathfinder campaign. I ain't much for an open recruitment, and since I already know that I can game with you folks I don't see why I shouldn't just offer it up and out there.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm swamped in real life and running way behind on all my games. I just discovered this invite from over a week ago. It sounds like you guys are gonna have a great game. I'll catch you for the next one.

Friadoc

Explorer
I appreciate the offer, but I'm swamped in real life and running way behind on all my games. I just discovered this invite from over a week ago. It sounds like you guys are gonna have a great game. I'll catch you for the next one.

It's all good, and more than understandable. If things ever free up, though, the door is always open for you.

Remove ads