IG's "Those Left Behind" [OOC-2]

jkason

First Post
The barbarian tribes of the north seem kind of perfect as a starting point for Shai. Do they have any names or backgrounds yet?

jason

industrygothica

Adventurer
The barbarian tribes of the north seem kind of perfect as a starting point for Shai. Do they have any names or backgrounds yet?

jason

As this map is being made for a cartography challenge, the only thought I've put into it thus far is aesthetic in nature. I currently have nothing in mind for that region, so do with it what you will.... that'll give me something to build on later when I go to write it all down.

-IG

Shayuri

First Post
Don't see why not. Perhaps a logging village on a river...

Talashia would have left the village to seek instruction as her magic powers manifested.

Shayuri

First Post
Wow...I could have sworn I wrote it out somewhere, but looking everywhere, I can't find it. So I'll write it out here and now.

Talashia was born to a poor peasant family living in a small village in the Forest of Endless Dawn. While she was pregnant with Talashia, her mother was caught out in a storm and struck by lightning. Though injured by the experience, she survived to give birth to her daughter amidst another great storm. The baby had stark white hair that never grew darker, and pale blue-grey eyes.

As she grew up Talashia had no interest in politics like her firebrand older brother Caerwyn. She was fascinated by the world around her; the trees and water and living things. She was especially drawn to inclement weather and showed no sign of fear at thunder and lightning. In turn, storms seemed drawn to her as well, and the village saw many more than usual while she was growing up.

Talashia's magic began to manifest when she was still fairly young; around ten years of age. Cold orbs of light would hover and dart around her, and winds blew in her presence when all around it was calm. She herself was delighted by these phenomena, but others in the village began growing fearful. More than once Caerwyn found himself having to get Talashia out of trouble. However, as he began to roam more, the task of raising Talashia amidst worries for her safety became harder and harder. After one close call too many, Talashia decided to venture away from the village and seek instruction in how to use her ever-growing magical gifts.

It was in her studies that Talashia first learned of the rites leading to the assumption of an Elemental Savant. From the start it became a way she could not only enhance her control over the elements, but even perhaps offer her a road to transcend her own mortality. Elementals, after all, were ageless.

She began making arrangements to become a Savant, one of which was getting in touch with a scribe in Ironfell who was willing to pen her a dangerous and legally questionable scroll of Planar Binding so she could perform the calling ritual necessary. When she lost track of that scribe, she left the school to track him down...she went to Ironfell, unaware of what, and who, was waiting for her there.

Leif

Adventurer
I was taking a look at your characters' backgrounds today to get a little refresher on the PC's. As you all know, we're switching this to my homebrew setting (as yet unnamed), and any inspiration I get is worth gold to me.

I'm going to attach the regional map to this post. Although I'm still adding small details, it's mostly finished. This is the same map that renau1g and I were talking about. There is a city called Ironfell (just left of the big shield) that's as good a place as any to transplant this adventure. So Irongate will now be Ironfell, and all that entails.

Please review your characters' backgrounds and make any modifications that are necessary to make them less Greyhawk-ish and more Romedan (Romeda is the name of the region, but not the world, pronounced "row-MEE-da").

Bu'urt's will require the most change, as his is the most Greyhawk specific. None of the other locations really have a history yet, so you're free to pick from them to help you. I'm also not averse to adding more towns or features to match your backgrounds; just tell me where you need it.

As far as religion goes, just use the default d&d pantheon.
-IG
IG, I thought you knew this, but maybe I'd better spell it out for you -- I've never been just really crazy about Uulark in his present incarnation. I was trying to make him more palatable to me by changing his race, etc. But you've put the kaibosh on that idea. Are you going to allow me to adjust him at all to my preferences, or are you insistent that he stays the same, even though I'm quite unhappy with him? If your choice is the latter, then I'm afraid that I will have to give my continued participation in this game some serious thought.

Remove ads