• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IK] The Corvis University Discreet Investigation and Retrieval Union (OOC)

Blue_Genie

First Post
Slippshade said:
Would someone be so kind as to give me the breakdown on Speed for a human. I forgot to write it down on the character sheet I brought to work.
I need walking, running and sprinting.
Thanks,
Slip
Bobitron gave you the details for overland movement (over larger distances. I wasn't sure if you were referring to this or combat movement. In combat, movement breaks down like this.

In combat, you normally get one move action and one standard action. If unencumbered, a human can move the 30' (or 6 squares) with one move action.

If all you want to do is move in a combat round, you can make what is known as a double-move, which is a full-round action. You can move twice your speed if you are an unencumbered human, or 60' (or 12 squares).

You can also Run, which is a full-round action. If you run, you can move 4x your speed if you are unencumbered, or 120' (or 24 squares) in a round. You can only run in a straight line. Also, if you are running, you are not as aware of what is going on around you, and are considered flat-footed until your next initiative comes around.

Finally, you can make what is knows as a 5-foot step. You can only make a five foot step if that is your ONLY movement in that round. A 5-foot step provokes no attack of opportunity. All other movement does (unless you are withdrawing, which is a special situation.)

I apologize if this is not what you were asking about. Although I guess too much info never hurts. :p

Karl Green

First Post
Blue... just wanted to double check... there is only 3 people who can reacte in the surprise round... do you want us to post our actions for the first round also? I just want to make sure... as my character does not reacte for some time I will wait on posting if that is cool :)

Blue_Genie

First Post
Karl Green said:
Blue... just wanted to double check... there is only 3 people who can reacte in the surprise round... do you want us to post our actions for the first round also? I just want to make sure... as my character does not reacte for some time I will wait on posting if that is cool :)
As the surprise round is now over, feel free to post for the first round (if you haven't already.)

Khairn

First Post
The problem with posting combat actions that will take place over multiple rounds is that the positions and tactical situation keep changing. Unless there is a problem with it, I will only post 1 round worth of actions at a time.

But at the same time I will check the boards twice each day ( early morn and late evening) to make certain that I dont slow anything down.

Slippshade

First Post
Warmachine

Totally off topic, so if you want me to delete this post Blue, I understand.

I was curious as to how many players here also played Warmachine and if you play what faction do you play?

I have yet to play Warmachine myself though I have about 1000 points of Khador and another 500 points of Mercs. Once the babies start sleeping more I can actually start painting them. :)

Blue_Genie

First Post
Nope, I haven't played it. I've paged through the books and oohd and aahd at the pretty art, but that's about it.

Looks cool, though. I've played Battletech in the past, but that's about the limit of my minis gaming.

Bobitron

Explorer
I haven't played either. I have both of the books, but picked them up mostly for RPG fluff. Maybe someday I will have a Cygnaran army to go along with all the other unpainted minis I have kicking around :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads