• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IK] The Corvis University Discreet Investigation and Retrieval Union (OOC)

Blue_Genie

First Post
DrunkenMonkey said:
Blue if you don't mind me asking what software did you use to make that map with? I am always interested in hearing about peoples preferred map making software.
I recently splurged and bought Dundjinni. It has a very intuitive interface, and I've been pretty happy with it although I'm still learning. That map was just a quick sketch. It's obviously not as powerful as Campaign Cartographer, but I tried the demo version of it, and it was just a little too complex for me. I just wanted something I could use to quickly throw together a decent map.

Blue_Genie

First Post
So far I am happy with it, but I really haven't used it long enough to get form an educated opinion about it. I'll let you know as we continue on this adventure.

Khairn

First Post
The man at the bar who is watching the party is of obvious interest to me. Things that I am trying to notice include accent if he is talking, style of clothes that he is wearing, any obvious or hidden weapons and his hands. Are the hands manicured and well maintained, or calloused and maybe weather worn?

Blue_Genie

First Post
Devyn:

The man is at a Quackboard table (a game like roulette but played with dice and a checker board.) When he is talking to the dealer from time to time, he is speaking Cygnaran with a Khardic accent. His clothes and hair styles look local, although he is obviously of Khard stock.
(Note that although Midlunders and Morridane are by far the most common ethnic types in Corvis, it is a metropolis and attracts folk from all over the Iron Kingdoms.)
He is wearing bulky, well-made clothing which could conceal a number of weapons, and even light armor. From his general appearance you would guess that he has some money, although he certainly does not dress ostentatiously, and his clothes are not the latest Caspian fashion. He carries a leather satchel on his shoulders, which seems to have some unidentifiable items in it. Looking at his hands you can tell that he is no stranger to outdoor work, although judging from his general cleanliness he has not been sleeping in the outdoors lately, or at least has had some time to clean up.

(Sense Motive check): From his manner you can tell that he has the air of practiced nonchalance about him (i.e. he is a professional at this.)

Last edited:

Slippshade

First Post

Now I remember seeing it. I only have dialup at home, so I don't always look at the maps. I wait until I get to work to view them. I must have forgotten that one.

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Grrr... I'm annoyed. This all works fine from my computer at work, but when I try to post from home, I get an error message whenever I highlight one of the buttons to use bold/italic/whatever. The message is-

'istyles[...].0' is null or not an object

I don't know how to debug, but I ran the auto-bebugger type thing it came up with a whole load of errors, but did not seem to fix anything. Any computer experts have any ideas?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads