• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'll move and lose all my D&D groups! I need a hug.

StalkingBlue

First Post
Now, moving back to London sounds like a brilliant plan.
In principle.
If only ...

I've been running a once-a-month campaign for some very close friends for the past 18 months, and I'll really, really hate to see that end. Almost before it has properly started ...
(We may be able to continue on a once-in-every-while basis when I visit, but I won't be too optimistic about that. Then what with all those wonderful plots and sub-plots we've begun?)

Also, only recently I've started playing in another group, which is great fun.

Then there's that third group I'm playing in (a different, simpler system) and they've asked me to GM a D&D adventure after we complete the current one.

Oh heck. Why does this have to hurt so? It's almost worse than "just" leaving friends behind.

Sarellion

Explorer
Hi comrade,

sorry to hear about it. I am in a similar situation. I finished college recently. Now I am going over to Canada for 6 months and come back later.

I lose three groups. I DM the one and play in the other one. Also I dm a group for beginners, some of them I would like to found a group with.
It is sad, I lost a group I mastered for 4 years, starting a big campaign and we even finished it, creating some of the best characters we ever had.

I just got a little bit more involved with my one own character.
sigh

At least I am not living so far away from college so I can keep in touch when I come back.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Perhaps some Britons do know how to game? I hope so, I am moving to Brighton for 9 months - My players need a new DM as well.

Rav

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
/me hugs StalkingBlue.

I'm sorry, man. :)

Still, there are certainly a lot of role-players in the UK (especially in London); you'll find a game soon. :cool:

Jarval

Explorer
Darkness said:
Still, there are certainly a lot of role-players in the UK (especially in London); you'll find a game soon. :cool:

There are? Everyone I've gamed with I've introduced to the idea of role-play.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Jarval said:

There are? Everyone I've gamed with I've introduced to the idea of role-play.
Hmm... While I've never been to the UK, I've certainly seen a lot of people online from there (e.g., in EN World) who are role-players. *shrug* Maybe the internet isn't all that representative... :)
(Where in the UK do you live, BTW?)

StalkingBlue

First Post
Thank you, guys. And thanks for the hug, Darkness! You make me feel better.

Jarval, I know what you mean.
To think of the time and effort I've invested in building the group for whom I currently GM ... only two of them had ever roleplayed before, occasionally, they came to my table. Now they're addicts like the rest. :) Unfortunately, none of them would like to start GMing, so once I move it will be most likely all of them will stop playing.

S'mon, thank you! :) I slinked over before work & breakfast to have a quick peek at your campaign website. It looks great. I'll be sure to drop you an e-mail as soon as I get settled over there.

Remove ads