• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm Back...Sorta

John Drake

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Heh,

BTW, this is my first 16-year old, usually I settle for the eight- or 12-year old.

My favorite sort of Scotch is a pale, peaty single-malt that is at least eight years old.

Cheers,
GTary
Nice! One of my faves is Gibson's 18 year old rye, quite pleasant. Over the hoildays, I was lucky enough to get the oppourtunity to try out some exceptional whiskey's and scotches. The 2 that stand out most are a bottle of Bush Mills Irish whiskey aged 20 years (Green I believe, although I could be mixing it up with the Blue) and a really fantastic albeit STRONG single malt (the name eludes me) that was 27 years old, and as I was told, retailed for over $700 Canadian in the LCBO !!!!. Very nice indeed, but really, at 60% + it was very strong indeed and required some water. Btw, since this drinking tangent has begun, I was wondering, Gary, have you ever tried absinthe? Thanks!

Hi Gary,

I'm very happy to see you posting here again, and therefore are feeling better than you have been!

Bullywugs will soon be invading our game, and from what I understand, no one will be happier about this than your son Luke. He, Chris Zephro and 3 others are about 5 sessions into a new campaign I'm DMing, and we are all enjoying the old stories he has for us. Luke is a great role-player ( he has a knack for figuring out riddles and the placement of traps/treasure ), and he's generally a very nice guy too. Based on that, I'd have to say you did a pretty good job with him!

We're planned for meeting again tomorrow ( Tuesday night ) - Luke's meat shield ranger will hopefully be serving up some "frog leg fricassee" !

Any diabolical suggestions for messing with these guys would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
thedungeondelver said:

Nothing in the world. I was going with a theme (guinness, cider, etc. :) ). As one suthun' gen'lman to anutha, sih, I declare biscuits and gravy, eggs and grits and sausage and bacon are from God's own kitchen! :)
:lol:

For a flatlander born in Chicago I do indeed have Southern tastes...and consider the War of Northern Aggression a most misguided event.

In addition I enjoy good Bourbon as much as I do any whiskey--Scotch, Irish, of Canadian.

BTW, my favorite lunch is a good breakfast!

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
John Drake said:
Nice! One of my faves is Gibson's 18 year old rye, quite pleasant. Over the hoildays, I was lucky enough to get the oppourtunity to try out some exceptional whiskey's and scotches. The 2 that stand out most are a bottle of Bush Mills Irish whiskey aged 20 years (Green I believe, although I could be mixing it up with the Blue) and a really fantastic albeit STRONG single malt (the name eludes me) that was 27 years old, and as I was told, retailed for over $700 Canadian in the LCBO !!!!. Very nice indeed, but really, at 60% + it was very strong indeed and required some water. Btw, since this drinking tangent has begun, I was wondering, Gary, have you ever tried absinthe? Thanks!
There is a bar in Racine, WI that features about 100 different Scotch whiskeys. Going there and sampling the various distillations makes it nearly impossible to remember the names of those you tried.

The best Irish I have quaffed is Bushmills Black Bush. It is hard to find Irish whiskey hereabouts despite the number of Paddies that settled in this area. Bourbon is easier to find, even Jack Daniels Single Barrel.

As for expensive liquor, price out a bottle of Goldschmidt & Rothschild Cognac some time. That stuff is pure nectar, and nearly worth it's weight in gold.

Finally, I have not drunk any absinthe, although I have had the non-wormwood-containing substitures such as Pernod.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
BigFreekinGoblinoid said:
Hi Gary,

I'm very happy to see you posting here again, and therefore are feeling better than you have been!

Bullywugs will soon be invading our game, and from what I understand, no one will be happier about this than your son Luke. He, Chris Zephro and 3 others are about 5 sessions into a new campaign I'm DMing, and we are all enjoying the old stories he has for us. Luke is a great role-player ( he has a knack for figuring out riddles and the placement of traps/treasure ), and he's generally a very nice guy too. Based on that, I'd have to say you did a pretty good job with him!

We're planned for meeting again tomorrow ( Tuesday night ) - Luke's meat shield ranger will hopefully be serving up some "frog leg fricassee" !

Any diabolical suggestions for messing with these guys would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Well Darn!

Luke mentioned he and Chris had met up our on the Coast, but not that the two of them had gotten into a campaign. Of course our talk is usually about family and football, so I shouldn't be surprised.

After having me, as well as Jim Ward, as a regular DM Luke became wary, suspicious, and most thoughtful when confronted with problems. Whenever I described something warm, welcoming, etc. he quickly became ultra suspicious...with good reason. Thus, I do believe you doing that for an encounter that would be basically beneficial to the party if accepted at face value is likely to confound Luke and Chris.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh said:
Well Darn!

.... Thus, I do believe you doing that for an encounter that would be basically beneficial to the party if accepted at face value is likely to confound Luke and Chris.

Cheers,
Gary

Hmmm... Devious. Yet simple. I like it! I'll come back here and give you an update later!

Thanks & Regards

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
BigFreekinGoblinoid said:
Hmmm... Devious. Yet simple. I like it! I'll come back here and give you an update later!

Thanks & Regards
Be sure and throw one or two blatant ringers at them first ;)

Cheers,
Gary

Korgoth

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
The best Irish I have quaffed is Bushmills Black Bush. It is hard to find Irish whiskey hereabouts despite the number of Paddies that settled in this area. Bourbon is easier to find, even Jack Daniels Single Barrel.

Bushmills does seem to make some remarkably good product. I drink far less of it than I should. :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Col_Pladoh said:
I do believe that I will be able to make GenCon. What I am unsure of is how able I will be in regards to managing to be active over extended periods of time. Peter Adkison has not yet suggested a schedule for my appearance, but both Piazzo and Troll Lord have arranged for me to make booth appearances. The Trolls are even setting up a place for me to kick back when i neet to rest.

So again, thanks for all the good wishes, and I hope to see many of you at the LGGC in June and at GenCon.

awesome! it will be great to meet you, if you're feeling well enough to make an appearance. :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Col_Pladoh said:
Comisseration...

I nearly over-imbibed to lift my spirits over the Bears' dreadful performance in the Superbowl, but being an experienced drinker I quit after two bottles of ale. :lol:

yeah, good thing - you could have drank yourself to death after that stinker. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads