I'm bored. That's right. Bored.

tetsujin28

First Post
Where are all the really cool discussions that used to happen on this board? Somewhere between the transfer (where I lost a bunch of posts), things seemed to have bogged down. I could be looking at a board for any system. Where are all the cool ideas, the posters that used to rattle off cool campaign #655? I dunno, something seems to be missing. And it's not my love of D&D, which remains just as strong. The community just seems...I dunno, less inspired.

haiiro

First Post
I get bored here too on Sundays. ;) I usually use the time to ferret out threads I haven't looked at, or visit forums I haven't spent time in before.

Overall, I guess I haven't noticed the change you're talking about. From what I've seen, most boards are cyclical -- maybe there's something about the current ENW cycle that's different from what you're used to, I don't know.

tetsujin28

First Post
EricNoah said:
This will inspire you ... a trip to fabulous Metaville! All aboard!
Well, is this a meta question, viz. about the boards, themselves, or about the topics that present themselves on the boards, which I feel belongs more in Open? You be the judge, since you're the one who got most of us to love D&D 3 in the first place :)

EricNoah

Adventurer
In all seriousness, though ... it takes two to tango. Why don't you start a thread of the type you think is missing and see what happens?

Oh, and I have a theory: you've been around so long that all the "Is my paladin evil" threads are starting to look alike. Discuss. :D

Last edited:

reapersaurus

First Post
In all seriousness, I think the original poster is quite right:
It was more interesting here years ago than it is today.

But that's to be expected - it's not like the board is doing anything wrong. It's just that RPG'ing isn't as interesting as it was years ago, IMO.

PugioilAudacio

First Post
I would have loved to see the boards as they were before. While I have only started coming to ENWorld within the past six months, I know what you mean about the game in general. It seems that some of the creativity and energy is dying out. I think a major "somthing" is in order to inject some life back into the hobby. What? I have no idea. Just "something".

Though I hesitate to say it, maybe some sort of D&D/computer integration might be in order? The major component that D&D (and all RPG's) have going for them is the limitless possibilities - anything can happen. In this age of internet and computing, people are heading more for the graphical games than for RPG's*. I wonder, if one were to create a form of MMORPG that allowed for DM's to use a 'world builder' to form their own worlds for their players to interact in - how would this go over? Something like Neverwinter Nights does right now, only more streamlined, more customizable, and more everything....

This is just an idea I had. Really, I have no idea what needs to be done, only that something does - as is often the case:)

* I have no idea how many (RPG) gamers there actually are compared to computer (RPG) gaming, but the shift is obvious.

tetsujin28

First Post
EricNoah said:
In all seriousness, though ... it takes two to tango. Why don't you start a thread of the type you think is missing and see what happens?

Oh, and I have a theory: you've been around so long that all the "Is my paladin evil" threads are starting to look alike. Discuss. :D
Eric, you rule, you know that? :)

Remove ads