• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E I'm in over my head... Need some help!

Razjah

Explorer
I can't give @Radiating Gnome some xp right now, but that idea is pretty great. It can even lead to some great potential hooks when the plot with the sun is finished. Perhaps the chrono-fiends aren't actual fiends, but creatures that were trapped in a frozen timeline and were changed over the years by it? Once the sun is restored, the party can try to free the chrono-people. The party may be able to modify some rituals that they used to restore the sun to freeze small parts of time to communicate with the trapped people.

Last edited:

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
No need for XP, I'd probably just spend it on hookers and gum.

I like your ideas -- and turning things around to free the Chrono-people could be a very cool twist. They can essentially be re-skinned Shadar-kai, lost in this moment of time, trying to gather together enough of their will to keep time moving forward and break out of their rut.

In that case, then, maybe the whole thing is a sort of time rut, like a car's tire caught in a snowbank. You can push and push, and the more you push, the more the weight of the car makes it harder and harder. And if you let go -- take your attention off pushing for a moment, the car slides back into the hole again, and you're right back where you started.

What's really going to be fun, though, is providing the details that will help the PCs figure out what's going on around them without you telling it to the directly. It's like Groundhog Day, but a little different, so make sure you really think hard about how you want to create that for them.

-rg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads