D&D 5E I'm looking for templates

Slit518

Adventurer
Does anyone have any or know of any templates out there which are free to use?

I am looking for Creature templates and Spell templates most of all.

I am not looking for ones that auto fill data (though I wouldn't rule them out), but instead ones I can fill the blanks in myself.

The main reason for this is a custom D&D homebrew world I am working on and I wish to streamline the creative process of making Creatures & Spells by having an already established template which I can just write data into.

Thanks in advance for any information/help!

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
To be clear, you're referring to formatting templates to produce pretty statblocks, right?
I'm not sure about a spell template. This one for creatures, though, is fairly versatile, allowing you to modify an existing statblock or start from scratch by filling in the blanks; and then output the results in a few different formats:

Slit518

Adventurer
To be clear, you're referring to formatting templates to produce pretty statblocks, right?
I'm not sure about a spell template. This one for creatures, though, is fairly versatile, allowing you to modify an existing statblock or start from scratch by filling in the blanks; and then output the results in a few different formats:

Thanks!

The only thing I don't like about this one is I cannot have a low number of Hit-Dice with a higher Proficiency Bonus.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I think the proficiency bonus is only tied to the CR, which you can set independently at the bottom of the stats section, just above the legendary actions, etc. If you change the CR, you'll see the Prof bonus updates automatically with it. But to make that change stick, there's a "Update Statblock" button directly below the statblock. Did you press that button?

Except for the CR-Prof bonus connection (oh, and the size-to-HDtype correspondence), it doesn't appear to use any assumptions or hidden design rules to tweak values; it just takes what you give it. And yeah, this is an older generator so the statblocks don't explicitly list Proficiency bonus next to the CR as in more modern publications. I hope the dev updates that at some point.

Slit518

Adventurer
That would be cool.

I would prefer if CR and Prof bonus were separate, too. But, I can only use what is available to be.

Can I add a Luck stat to it?

Remove ads