• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

iMac as a PC Moniter?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Bugs may be irrelevant--but I was implying viruses and trojan horses---which definitely are not irrelevant. If I was to load PC Games (with their requisite downloads and updates) onto my partitioned hard drive...
Trouble...

Then get a good virus checker and firewall. :p Hell, even Macs get viruses now (thought not as many because most hackers still don't think Macs are wide spread enough to develop viruses for).

Thanee

First Post
Bugs may be irrelevant--but I was implying viruses and trojan horses---which definitely are not irrelevant. If I was to load PC Games (with their requisite downloads and updates) onto my partitioned hard drive...
Trouble...

Only if you pirate them... ;)

Bye
Thanee

azhrei_fje

First Post
Well, just get an extra Harddisk and keep them completely seperate?
This is a great solution because you don't have to repartition the Mac drive or install Windows on the internal drive.

Buy an external drive enclosure that comes with Firewire support (NewEgg has'em for about $30). Don't bother with USB 2.0 external drives as they're so slow as to leave you wondering if they're working at all. ;)

I installed Leopard onto a new 500GB drive using an external enclosure and it was both quick and painless. Once I had all of my user data migrated over, I swapped the internal drive with the external one and booted right up! And I now have a nice (fast) external 160GB backup drive.

Remove ads