IMAGES FROM THE MEGAMANIA STORYHOUR AND RELATED

I thought I would do something different. I have many Storyhours going at this point (about ten). Some are tales of the players' exploits and others are written but role / roll played by me. But I do a lot beyond that for my games. I draw, paint and even sculpt. So I thought I would share some of these images with you. I hope you enjoy them. Some I have had to edit for Grand Ma (must keep her happy after all)

this will be for lists of campaigns and comics for those only wanting to see certain favorite heroes and the such.

ATHAS FAERUN
14, 15, 16

CREATION SCHEMA

ELDEEN HEROES

THE HIDDEN / BEYOND NEW WATER
PAGES 4 (MAP), 9, 17, 19, 32

THE HIDDEN: GAMER'S GROTTO
PAGES 3,4 (MAP),5,6,7,8, 22, 29, 30, 31

JOHN PLAY: HERO FOR HIRE
10, 20, 27

KYBER CRAWLER

MORGRAVE UNIVERSITY

SIBERYS SEVEN

STRIKEFORCE: MORITURI

UNDER A DARKSUN
18, 28

UNDER A DARKSUN B/W COMICBOOK
12 and 13

UNDER A DARKSUN COLOR COMICBOOK
23, 24, 25, 26

WAYFINDERS OF THE FLOATING TOWER

Last edited:

Back in Spring of 2014 I asked if I could run a campaign within the local game shop- Gamer's Grotto. The owner was pleased with the thought and had a few rules which mainly included open enrollment. This led to writing shorter micro adventures since they had to fit within a four hour time slot. I felt my campaign "The Hidden" was perfect for this format and thus my second themed storyhour about the magically displaced Xoriat was created.

To advertise the games I created flyers to advertise the games. This flyer was the first one. It features Grotto himself (not Keith).

GAMER s GROTTO 1.jpg

Speaking of The Hidden. I wanted something to stand out with this project and campaign so I decided to create a 3-D image. It is made from Foam Board, blocks of Foam, plastic pieces, Black Foam sheets for the obsidian and painted to show the water, waterfalls and cliffs.

It is one of my proudest projects I have ever done for DnD.

IMG_0002.JPG

Here is the advertisement for Gamer's Grotto second adventure. It introduces "Lucky" Lenni everyone's favorite gnome explorer and scholar.GAMER s GROTTO 2.jpg

The third segment of the Grotto series introduces a new element to the lore of the Hidden. Dragon beetles. I was creating the Hidden I questioned why the Dragons would not intervene and stop the trainwreck that was coming. Answer- a biological weapon. Dragon Beetles have incredible senses for locating dragons and sub-types. They have an equally powerful hunger for their flesh. My poor black dragon never knew what hit him.... The Dragon Fear prophecy has come true.

GAMER s GROTTO 3.jpg

Another standard for encounters created during my Grotto time was the aberrational velociraptors. The looks on Jared's face when these stormed out of the brush :)

GAMER s GROTTO 4.jpg

I like to borrow from "real life" mythology also. I am fascinated by the concept of the Crystal Skulls. So.... why not an Obsidian Skull? We also got to go to a new area of the Hidden and see more strange things that came from the Hidden arriving. Long and tall shards of Obsidian thrust out of the ground on the Day of Nines (9/9/999) and literally ripped a large section of temple out of the swamp and into the air. It was a neat visual to me.

GAMER s GROTTO 5.jpg

When I think of The Hidden I can not help but think about my son's contribution to it's development. He created Books / Truth the warforged scholar seeking to understand the Draconic Prophecy and also learn about the complex subject of emotion. He does this by teaming up with a Silver Dragon whom also wishes to understand the Prophecy. In time, they come to feel for each other and through magic, explore a relationship. Very deep for a then 13-14 year old. Then again, that is when many boys and girls ponder the subject of the opposite sex.

It was also his idea to have his character begin to change and become more draconic in nature. This drawing I did a long time ago depicts when his armored shell is beginning to become textured (pre-scales)

I screwed up the front plate some now that I look at it again but still good.

When I was talking to him about posting images and drawings he had asked if I would do another drawing of Truth. I may since he will return.

TRUTH.jpg

For something different from Eberron and the Hidden I will present another favorite of mine- John Play. The Dark Lantern gone Hero for Hire is very explosive (in this case literally). This is from John Play : Hero for Hire segment #1. He has just escaped an exploding room by leaping out the window which leads to his arriving on a bridge to attack more Emerald Claw. Regular readers of John Play may have noticed I begin each story with a flashback. As he is then an 18th level character (now 22) he has a lot of background. I look forward to exploring more of it as he looks into why his mother faked her death and hid the fact another man was his father- not Augustus. And as such he has an Aberrant Dragon Mark that gives him increased speed and strength.

I like how it came out. He is smiling and honestly enjoying himself even though he may die.

JOHN PLAY.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases