WOIN Immunities and Vulnerabilities?

Drekin

Villager
Once again, another question!

Is it possible to have the exploit from Fire Mage and Ice Mage that grants immunity and vulnerability? What would the interaction be?

"Fire Immunity (requires Fire Resistance). You become completely immune to fire or heat damage. Your vulnerability to cold, however, increases to 2d6."
"Cold Immunity. You become completely immune to cold damage; you also gain vulnerability 1d6 (fire)."

Please advise
Drekin

M3woods

Explorer
Not sure why you'd want to do this. If you're looking for immunity to heat and cold just design an exploit that allows for both (Even-tempered. You are completely immune to extremes of temperature and suffer no damage from heat or cold.) Excepting that, you could look at this three ways. 1) You gain immunity from both, 2) they cancel each other out and you have no immunities, or 3) you're resistant to fire and cold but still suffer a minimum of 1d6 damage from either.

Drekin

Villager
I am looking for immunity to fire and cold based damage because I was looking to make someone playing around with fire and cold. You know like a pyromanic walking through a blazing inferno or the harbringer of ice calling down a blizzard around himself burrowing everyone in snow and ice.
I have not looked that much into designing exploits yet, but I'm also concerned about balance

Len

Prodigal Member
It doesn't seem right to get the benefits of both exploits without the drawbacks of either. Maybe you could get both immunities, and vulnerabilities to two other elements such as acid and lightning.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's a good question, and something which completely slipped through playtesting! I would, on reflection, say that immunity overrides vulnerability, so you'd end up immune to both.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Would this not break the game balance? Achieving Immunity without penalty seems pretty way up there?

Immunity only to a couple of specific damage types, at the cost of two exploits (which is the cost of an entire career). I don't think it would be a problem.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Even though you'd be overriding a drawback (in this case vulnerability)?

Are you on a bet to see how many times you can make me say the same thing? :D

It's OK if you disagree -- it's your game! You should always run it however works best for you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases